One off..Pacific Coastal cruise

I've found a cruise leaving on the 3rd October, which I love the sound of, the itinerary is as follows

7 Nights

California Coastal Cruise

Ship: Jewel of the Seas

Itinerary: Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Monterey - San Francisco - San Francisco, LA 1 day at sea.

This cruise is full, However I cannot find it happening again, this year or in 2016? Is it normal to have a 'one off' ?

Can anyone recommend any similar cruises, all the others I have seen involve 2 days at sea and only one day in SF.

Many thanks

Edited by Shell58

I'm not real educated in this area, when I booked this cruise I saw comments that it had been 10 years since royal cruised out of the West coast, so maybe this was a test to see how it goes. There are only 2 of them this year, I think they varied the itinerary a little in 2016? Haven't looked at 2017. Probably not much help, but that's the little that I know.

It appears to be a "one off." The Jewell does a trip through the Panama Canal following the "one off" California Coastal, relocating from the Alaska season to the winter Caribbean season. Royal Caribbean used to cruise routinely with two ships for a number of years, but they and their sister line Celebrity have "abandoned" us in Los Angeles. Shame on them. Bring back the Monarch and the Vision.

Thank you so much for that information, I am new to cruising, but did wonder why I could only find this one cruise, thought I was being dim! Or that itinerarys weren't released yet.

I will look at the others companies now I know there probably won't be another Royal Carribean ship here next year. I've checked the website.

When we did our first cruise 3 weeks ago, Port Canaveral to Bahamas I learnt that the 3 cruise lines Disney, Royal and Carnival were pretty much ranked in that order, how does Princess or Celebrity rate with these? I know it's very much a matter of personal taste, but would be glad of any advice.

Maybe we should start a bring back RC to LA campaign! 😋😋

I know there would be a lot of people that would support the "back to LA" ;) Again, not an expert, and like you said, personal preference. I would say they are more alike than not, I think Princess is a little more mellow (our experience from 3 cruises on them), Carnival the most casual - I prefer Royal over them unless we have a big group, Celebrity is in our future, and I expect a little more from them, and we've never been on Disney

• 3 months later...

The Explorer Of The Seas is doing two 7-day and one 8-day out of Seattle in Sept 2016. Check them out. This is a great ship. It does a coastal up ro seattle in May. These are the two months that all cruiselines reposition Alaska, so they make up intineries going there in April-May and leaving there in Sept-Oct