Bring your own umbrella???

SlipperyP

I'll be cruising to Bermuda next month and I see that Horseshoe beach has chair and umbrella rentals. I've read that sometimes they run out of rentals later in the morning/day. We will probably get a late start and I'm worried that they may run out before we get there. I'm not worried about the chairs but an umbrella is a must. Has anyone ever brought their own umbrella to the beach? Do they allow them on the bus or beach shuttle?

People have talked about bringing their own chairs and umbrellas. Make sure you will be able to hold it in your lap or stand it up between your legs. There are no luggage racks on the buses to store anything on.

• 2 weeks later...
I'll be cruising to Bermuda next month and I see that Horseshoe beach has chair and umbrella rentals. I've read that sometimes they run out of rentals later in the morning/day. We will probably get a late start and I'm worried that they may run out before we get there. I'm not worried about the chairs but an umbrella is a must. Has anyone ever brought their own umbrella to the beach? Do they allow them on the bus or beach shuttle?

We brought our own chairs and umbrella with us on the cruise and had no problem carrying them on the bus as long as you keep them in your seat area. The funny thing was when we went back to the ship and went through security my DH disappeared. Even though each of us was carrying our own chair and our own umbrella, he was selected to go through an intense screening for fear of a bomb. An hour later he showed up in the cabin..... and was not smiling. LOL

K

We brought our own chairs and umbrella with us on the cruise and had no problem carrying them on the bus as long as you keep them in your seat area. The funny thing was when we went back to the ship and went through security my DH disappeared. Even though each of us was carrying our own chair and our own umbrella, he was selected to go through an intense screening for fear of a bomb. An hour later he showed up in the cabin..... and was not smiling. LOL

K

Was that by the ship security or Bermuda security?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk