Help...My cruise changed itinerary

junior8

Hi everyone

I was scheduled for a bermuda cruise on RC....we are leaving tomorrow. We have been changed to st johns and halifax

I know nothing of these two ports. Havent much time to research.

Any suggestions?? What is best mode of transportation?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

Edited by junior8

Go back to the home page of Cruise Critic. Go to destinations, about halfway down the page. Click on more. When you get to the new page, click on Canada/New England. You'll see a listing of ports. Open each port you'll visit in a new tab, then print the full review of the port. There's lots of information there.

Share this information with your roll call.

We've been in Halifax twice, and didn't need a shore excursion. Ships dock near the Canada immigration museum, and a short walk down the waterfront brings you to a maritime museum with a Titanic exhibit (Halifax is where most of the survivors went). There's a great park up a big hill, reachable by taxi and by a horse carriage (which may run only in the summer). Take a ferry across the harbor, or (if it's still running), Theodore the tugboat. If you have kids with you (including if you're kids at heart), there's a terrific science museum near the park.

Halifax and St. John may be cold this time of year. Be prepared. It's a lot better than sailing toward a hurricane.

I suggest you start a new thread "Last minute change of itinerary to Halifax, St. John (NB), and (name your other ports)." That may get more of a response.

Canada/New England is beautiful this time of year.

Saint John, New Brunswick....St. John's, Newfoundland.....will make a difference when doing research on the port.

Yup - you don't want anyone to get excited that they might get a chance to get screeched in... :)

I wish the cruise lines would stop calling SAINT John ST. John - it just adds to the confusion of people not familiar with the area. Even the Royal Caribbean press release says St. John.

I am from Saint John and it drives me nuts.

Sounds like you have sailed but I'll post anyway in case you have internet access.

You may enjoy visiting the Citadel in Halifax. Walking distance to get there (but you'll have a climb uphill to get there!). We quite enjoyed the tour they offer on the hour once you get in- the guide was very informative and had a great sense of humour. The staff is in costume...Nice way to spend a couple of hours.

We also enjoyed the Immigration Museum - very heartwarming to hear the stories. Also spoke with a volunteer who had actually worked there in the 50s and 60s and he had some wonderful tales.

We had a private tour in Saint John. Probably too late to tell you this but Roy Flowers will definitely give you a great scenic tour - one of the highlights of our New England cruise.

# 1 506 651 2978 royscab@hotmail.com

If you can find another couple or two to share with you I think you will find it a nice way to spend the day and make the most of your unexpected situation. Good Luck!

Margaret