Any ''rule'' to know if there is a bridge program?

jp2001

I know some of HAL cruises offer a Bridge Program but others don't.

However, I don't know what the ''rule'' is.

No bridge program on my previous 7-day Canada-New England sailings but I'm going on a 14-night cruise out of Athens. There are only 2 sea days so I guess it would be hard to fit a bridge program in.

I would love a bridge program but even then, I may end up not going much if the times don't suit me (i.e. in the middle of the day, when I'll be in port). I would attend if it was late afternoon by coming back a little early from ashore.

For the last few years, on the various ships we have been on, there has not been a regular Bridge Host.

In stead it was listed in the daily program that unhosted bridge was available either at either 10 AM or 2 PM in such-and-such a place.

OK, thanks :)

I wish there was a bridge program to play duplicate bridge on sea days. It's OK, I can live without bridge for 14 days :D

Longer cruises usually have a bridge program with instructor-led classes and then duplicate bridge on sea days, usually in the afternoons. Party bridge is also available for non-duplicate players. Guess you will just have to sail longer next time!

You can usually sign up for other players in the library.

Edited by take us away

Longer cruises usually have a bridge program with instructor-led classes and then duplicate bridge on sea days, usually in the afternoons. Party bridge is also available for non-duplicate players. Guess you will just have to sail longer next time!

You can usually sign up for other players in the library.

Yes, I am booked on a 14-night cruise from Athens this time ;)

and thanks for sign-up advice! I was not aware of that.

We have been on longer cruises and there weren't any instructors.

The daily program lists the times for the unhosted bridge times and where you can play.

OK, thanks for info. I've read somewhere that a bridge program was available on a TA but it might be an exception.

We had a bridge instructor on our 2014 30-day South Pacific cruise and her classes were incredibly well attended. I believe there were different sessions at different times, according to your level of play.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As did we on our 2016 Hawaii, Tahiti, Marquesas cruise.

OP, I suspect it is a combination of longer cruises and enough sea days.

Edited by kazu