To Bonnie

sollan

Referring to this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2248928

Why have the possibility to choose country if you don't bother to make sure that all customers from all countries will have the same possibilies to book?

This problem have been there for months but nothing happens. Why? Lack of interest for customers outside US maybee?

Can also see that there are a totally different format on the booking site on the US version.

Hi Sollan,

By no means do we value our international guests less! We love all of you <3

It is simply a matter of not having enough resources to revamp all the different web platforms around the world at the same time.

We started with the North American site and followed with the UK site.

We do have plans to eventually upgrade all websites to have booking engines.

Thanks Bonnie for your answer.

You write that you have plan to eventually upgrade all websites.

Why not close them down until you have done the upgrades? Why have them running when you can't book? I thought that the booking possibility should be one of the most important things to be working on a website... I think that there very few (if any) that will book a cabin just based on the category.

I also wonder how you handle these bookings (if there are any), is it the system that picks what cabin you get? And on what preferences?

At least - have information on your website that if you want to check avilabilites/book a certain cabin - you have to to use an other website.

Sollan, I'm not sure there's anything substantial I can add to my comment above (post 2). But let me try...

Perhaps you're of the opinion that the majority of our guests are using our online booking engine to purchase? In reality it is a very very small percentage who actually book DIY on an ACC website. Almost everyone books through a Travel Professional, all of whom have availability at their fingertips. In the markets where we do not yet offer a booking engine, we would not send inquiries to another website, but there is always a Customer Service phone number for inquiries about availability.

I realize this sounds Old School but these two methods (using a Travel Professional or Travel Site, or calling/emailing us directly) are how cruise lines have operated successfully since the beginning of the cruise era. We have only offered any booking engine for about a year now. As I said above, it is our intention to roll out this functionality to all markets when resources permit.

Thanks again Bonnie. If Azamara is the "old school" that don't (yet) offer the possibility to book on the website you must admit that it's very confusing that a non-working bookingsystem is launched?

I'm quite sure that the IT department has lots of (good?) reasons to do that but doesn't Azamara think it would be a good thing to inform on their web site that the possibility is coming?

Just a thought - and not very difficult to implement...

I am puzzled as to why there is a pricing differential between the UK and US website. One of the cruises we planned on booking cost a lot less on the US website (after allowing for exchange rated variants) so I tried to book via the US website. Being from the UK my query was then redirected to the UK website and I was told that I would only be able to book and pay in sterling or euros. I object to paying more for the same cruise than someone based in the US so decided not to book.

I am puzzled as to why there is a pricing differential between the UK and US website. One of the cruises we planned on booking cost a lot less on the US website (after allowing for exchange rated variants) so I tried to book via the US website. Being from the UK my query was then redirected to the UK website and I was told that I would only be able to book and pay in sterling or euros. I object to paying more for the same cruise than someone based in the US so decided not to book.

Marmel,

A perennial problem but easily solved by using a USA agent and pay by debit/credit card Mastercard preferably for protection.

In addition to 90 days cancellation charges of only $50 vs a lot more in UK you will save money.Also email Azamara UK why you have done it.

With a WORLD wide web there can not be any REALLY valid reason for differential pricing but subject is as old as "sparkling wine in inclusive drinks"

Azamara has no intention of changing unless forced.

Marmel,

A perennial problem but easily solved by using a USA agent and pay by debit/credit card Mastercard preferably for protection.

In addition to 90 days cancellation charges of only $50 vs a lot more in UK you will save money.Also email Azamara UK why you have done it.

With a WORLD wide web there can not be any REALLY valid reason for differential pricing but subject is as old as "sparkling wine in inclusive drinks"

Azamara has no intention of changing unless forced.

You could then also take advantage of the Best Price Guarantee ....

which is NOT available in the UK (for some reason!)

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/best-price-guarantee

John

John

Most offers - are for US and Canadian only. As a member in the loyalty program I checked different kinds of special offers - just to find ot that they are not avaliable...

This is standard in most Terms and Conditions texts: "...is available for United States & Canada consumers/Citizens only...

So -exept for onboard perks - there are little (if anything) we can take advantage of.

Seems to me there are a lot of attractively-priced air/hotel/cruise packages offered to UK residents that we never see in the States.

That has been my experience. For some cruises the prices are better in the US and sometimes they are better in the UK. If you are prepared to shop around and get yourself a ta in another country you can take advantage of the very best price each time, but I prefer to keep it simple and establish a relationship with one person. It evens out at the end of the day and suits me to do it this way.

Phil

John

It's interesting that the price guarantee was available on the UK site for a short while, but has now vanished. However, if I found a cruise I was booked on was cheaper now than when I booked, I would certainly contact the UK office and argue my case.