First time cruising from Australian waters

Hi everyone,

My friend (30 year friendship) and I are wanting to go on a cruise together from either Sydney or Brisbane to either New Zealand or the Pacific Islands. I love the heat, she loves the cold.

We are young early 50ish girls who want a cruise ship that does not have a thousand kids on it, we are happy for some kids, however, we want a cruise that is fun to be on, has lots to do during the day and partying at night.

I know that we should not travel in school holidays, and when is the best time to travel

Can anyone please help me, I have looked at many ships and sites but nothing really gives me the details about what age group is on the ship. The best so far is cruisecritic, however, even that is not specific for what I am after.

Thanks so much in advance for your advice and comments, I know it will help us.

:confused:

Hi everyone,

My friend (30 year friendship) and I are wanting to go on a cruise together from either Sydney or Brisbane to either New Zealand or the Pacific Islands. I love the heat, she loves the cold.

We are young early 50ish girls who want a cruise ship that does not have a thousand kids on it, we are happy for some kids, however, we want a cruise that is fun to be on, has lots to do during the day and partying at night.

I know that we should not travel in school holidays, and when is the best time to travel

Can anyone please help me, I have looked at many ships and sites but nothing really gives me the details about what age group is on the ship. The best so far is cruisecritic, however, even that is not specific for what I am after.

Thanks so much in advance for your advice and comments, I know it will help us.

:confused:

We are a similar age range me 56 DW 52, Princess or Celebrity out of school hols would be best to avoid kids.

Longer cruises wll also have less kids

Please don't be stressed out; cruising should be fun. However, I understand being overwhelmed with information.

I would suggest Holland America, Princess, or Celebrity, and as already noted, sail when the kiddos are in school.

Roz

RCI has every age...but you won't find many "young adults" doing cruises more than 3-5 days....so the demographic is in the 30-70 year range, for the most part. Kid's are really an issue...they have so much to keep them busy...it's only on sea days at the pools that you will notice them!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, my first cruise was with two other girlfriends, we were aged between 40-55 and we had a ball. We sailed P&O out of Sydney to the Pacific Islands and to tell you the truth, we hardly saw any kids. They have Kids Clubs which squirrel them away for most of the day. The only time I saw them was on themed nights, like BBQ Night and they came out and performed dances etc that they had learned. Of course, on port days, they are with their family, so there's a few around. We did the 8pm dinners and most families go to the earlier dinner times (6pm), and bars and clubs don't have kids either.

Have fun planning!