First Celebrity, thoughts on Infinity

golfb4cruzing

We've been on the infinity twice in the past 6 months...it's a very good ship with an extremely friendly staff/crew.

Concierge class cabins are 20 sq ft larger than veranda cabins...so on this class ship, we always book concierge. The other perks that go with concierge really don't matter all that much.

Sometimes excursions appear late...I can't remember the last time I cruised and there were no excursions offered. We generally don't do ship excursions...check the roll call for the cruise you're interested in and see if anyone is setting up private tours.

The only difference between concierge and balcony is the location of the cabin. You get a few very minor perks in concierge. Not worth the extra expense my opinion.

Read the Ports of Call Board and you'll find St. Barts. It's a small island. Read up on renting a car there and driving around the island. Just make sure you're not going at Carnival time, usually mid Feb. They close the roads so you can't get back to town to drop off your car.

Thanks for the info. I am looking at first week in November. Read up on St Barts and it appears to be just a small (8 mi) patch of volcanic rock, so excursions might be limited. I am okay with a beach day. Also saw that it's a tender island, so might not make the stop anyhow. We usually don't plan much on tender islands. Veranda sounds fine for our needs.

The only difference between concierge and balcony is the location of the cabin. You get a few very minor perks in concierge. Not worth the extra expense my opinion.

Read the Ports of Call Board and you'll find St. Barts. It's a small island. Read up on renting a car there and driving around the island. Just make sure you're not going at Carnival time, usually mid Feb. They close the roads so you can't get back to town to drop off your car.

While this is true on the solstice class ships, it is NOT true on the M-class ships where veranda cabins are physically smaller. (the infinity is an M-class ship)

Edited by ghstudio

The Infinity is a fabulous ship! We sailed on Infinity in December for 15 days.

I wouldn't worry about doing an excursion on St. Barts. It is a really great town to walk around, shop, eat lunch. It's like a mini-Beverly Hills. All very high-end shops and eateries. There is really no reason to go out of the town....it's a very full afternoon enjoying people watching. The people there are very rich and very French. They don't welcome cruise ships often, so this will be a cool experience for you.

Michael