Lunch?

Cruisegirl6

If you want to try local fare, Cuzzin's on Back Street. Meson Amalia in Palm Passage has wonderful Spanish tapas. Grand Cru at Yacht Haven Grande, overlooking the marina. Hull Bay for the Arthur Burger (more on the shack side). Bella Blu in Frenchtown.:D

I can only tell you my current favorite - Sugarcane Grill in the Bunker Hill Hotel in town. You have to walk up a lot of steps to reach the patio dining area with a view of the harbor. Caribbean music plays in the background, and the service is very personal since you'll probably be the only guests eating in. Many locals come by for take out or they have food delivered.

Prices are very affordable. Most dishes are ample and are less than $15.

The menu is Caribbean with maybe a hamburger or something for those who want a taste of USA.

Thank you all but nothing seems to be appealing to me or different on the menu seems like the same foods are on the ship....was hoping for french, creole, caribbean, or just a good seafood restaurant. I guess St. Thomas is not known for that?

Thank you all but nothing seems to be appealing to me or different on the menu seems like the same foods are on the ship....was hoping for french, creole, caribbean, or just a good seafood restaurant. I guess St. Thomas is not known for that?

Here is the link to Cuzzins menu. Looks like they have creole.

http://www.cuzzinsvi.com/menu/

Cuzzans is about as local Caribbean as you can get........My sister whenever she comes to visit always must go there.

...be sure and try some of their local non-alcoholic drinks!!

Edited by lostdart1

Sugarcane, Gladys', and Cuzzin's all specialize in Caribbean food. Sugarcane is a new entry and prices are a bit lower because they have very loyal locals. All are very good, and all have online menus.

Thank you for that suggestion now I having tough time deciding where lol :p

We had curry roti's at Gladys's Cafe last July. Great food. Very authentic and the restaurant itself is very nice. It's a great place for lunch.

Almost everybody knows Gladys'! It's in town and taxis are very easy to get either going or coming.

Thank you for your response! Do you know if Gradys is close to the shopping areas that are included in any of the island tours? If so which one? We will be on the Oasis in May.

Thank you in advance,

Linda

Yes, Gladys' is in the heart of "town's" shopping district, but if your tour goes to town at around 9:00, you probably won't be in town at lunch time. Many of the ship's tours are designed to get you back to the ship for lunch, so compare the departure times and itineraries to see which tour is most likely to be in town at lunch time.