London to Dover Tour/Transfer company

celie1110

• 2 weeks later...
I got quoted 288 British Pounds for both transfers. (equals $461 US).

Or to put it another way, £144 each-way?

And between Dover & central London (not airports)?

That's about the going rate, excluding deviations, with http://www.folkestonetaxi.com/ and

http://www.dovertaxis.com/ both of whom are frequently used by CC members.

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

Or to put it another way, £144 each-way?

And between Dover & central London (not airports)?

That's about the going rate, excluding deviations, with http://www.folkestonetaxi.com/ and

http://www.dovertaxis.com/ both of whom are frequently used by CC members.

After seeing you mention dovertaxis several times I e-mailed them for a quote. They replied with an amount of 185 and that seemed a bit high to me. PenguinsLTD quoted a price of 148. This is for 4 passengers,with luggage, from Heathrow to Dover. Have you heard of Penguins?

After seeing you mention dovertaxis several times I e-mailed them for a quote. They replied with an amount of 185 and that seemed a bit high to me. PenguinsLTD quoted a price of 148. This is for 4 passengers,with luggage, from Heathrow to Dover. Have you heard of Penguins?

OK, that's four plus luggage = a small mpv/van.

And from Heathrow, very different to central London.

Not sure what you mean by a three-hour tour. A simple direct transfer takes a little under two hours by motorway. Motorway makes sense for the first part of the journey, but adding an hour to the journey time would allow you to cut across-country on more scenic roads, for instance via Edenbridge, Royal Tonbridge Wells & Lamberhurst.

Yes, £185 sounds heavy for a simple transfer.

Folkestone taxis quote £126. Adding a stop on or close to the route, such as a couple of hours at Leeds Castle or Canterbury, will push that up to mebbe £160/£170. A more scenic route would probably do the same.

Worth asking for a quote?

Sorry, not heard of Penguin. But there are dozens & dozens of transfer organisations based around London's airports.

I checked out their website, which pretty-well dispels my fears that they might merely be a web-based agency which simply farms out jobs

OK, that's four plus luggage = a small mpv/van.

And from Heathrow, very different to central London.

Not sure what you mean by a three-hour tour. A simple direct transfer takes a little under two hours by motorway. Motorway makes sense for the first part of the journey, but adding an hour to the journey time would allow you to cut across-country on more scenic roads, for instance via Edenbridge, Royal Tonbridge Wells & Lamberhurst.

Yes, £185 sounds heavy for a simple transfer.

Folkestone taxis quote £126. Adding a stop on or close to the route, such as a couple of hours at Leeds Castle or Canterbury, will push that up to mebbe £160/£170. A more scenic route would probably do the same.

Worth asking for a quote?

Sorry, not heard of Penguin. But there are dozens & dozens of transfer organisations based around London's airports.

I checked out their website, which pretty-well dispels my fears that they might merely be a web-based agency which simply farms out jobs

Thank you for the info. I just sent off a request for a quote from Folkestone as you suggested. You may be answering two of us at once. My inquiry is for transfer only to Dover from Heathrow.:)

please post back their reply, am also looking for transfer heathrow to dover, will be 4 adults, luggage,wheelchair & small mobility scooter !

karen

We did book with Folkestone and also had 4 adults but choose the 5 seater to insure a bit more room. The price is 136 pounds plus 5 pounds for driver's parking at Heathrow. They do require patment in advance by credit or debit card. If you use a credit card there is an additional fee of 3 pounds. Still came out more reasonable than most we checked and the transaction was handled easily through e-mails with Kaya at Folkestone.

Barbara

Thank you for the info. I just sent off a request for a quote from Folkestone as you suggested. You may be answering two of us at once. My inquiry is for transfer only to Dover from Heathrow.:)

Yep.:rolleyes:

Put it down to premature senility :o

Hope you all manage to sort out the relevant bits ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Last month I researched how we were going to get from Dover to LHR. Everyone here was very helpful in making suggestions. I finally opted for taking a taxi for a number of reasons specific to us. However, I just noticed that the London Toolkit site which discusses methods of getting from Dover to LHR has added a company that shuttles people from the cruise terminal to downtown hotels, airport hotels or LHR. (http://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/dover_cruise_shuttles.htm )

It is actually more expensive than our taxi but includes sight seeing. It's good for cruise ships from the following companies: Princess, HAL, Carnival and Crystal.

I am not endorsing or recommending them. I just want to share that there is a new option.

• 11 months later...

what is the web site for Folkstone? Do you know anyone on Cruise Critic who used them Don't want to get left behind at Heathrow! Springlake

I am surprised that Crystal does not make any more specific arrangements. I gather they only provide a driver if you use their air fare, which usually cost more than buying it yourself or with travel agent. Springlake

• 4 weeks later...

I am also trying to figure out transfer. We only want transfer from Heathrow to Dover. The cost seems to be about the same for many, plus or minus some for parking, waiting for flight etc. But some have different payment arrangements. Dover seems to only take Paypal, Smiths does not require a deposit but takes credit card or cash after transfer and paid to driver. Folkstone takes all credit cards, requires a deposit.

I have seen most of these services mentioned , but have not had any experience with any of them I wander if it is more reliable if you give the company a deposit Spinglake

I thought I would give this thread a bump to see if anyone has any suggestions on the best way to travel, with luggage, from our London hotel to our Dover hotel this August. We are spending the night in Dover before our cruise. Two adults.

Thank you for any suggestions!

Hi, Lee,

I finally booked my air on BA and arrive at Heathrow 10 AM on Thursday 14 August. I think it was Alex from the Churchill Inn that suggested Coastal Cars Airport Services so I booked with them just last night. No deposit needed, :D just arrival time & date + airline and flight number:

WEBSITE: http://www.coastalcarsairportservices.co.uk/contact-us

On Feb 28, 2014, at 11:04 PM, Coastal Cars <coastalcarsairportservices@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Donna,

Our price for this transfer would be £108 (cash) or £112 if paying by card

Kind regards, Lee

Thank you for the info, we shall book you in. Our driver will meet you in the arrivals hall with a name board. PETER

Cheers,

Donna

HI Princess,

Thanks for the transfer information. I will contact them. You got an excellent quote and also seem to have a reliable recommendation for the service.

I love your "Royal" name. Great for this trip!! Springlake

• 2 weeks later...