Hotel in Southampton

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

UK Cruisers

Learn more about cruising from the UK, or on UK-based ships, from cruisers just like you!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:01 PM.
Ms
549 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Hello to all,

Sorry if this subject has already been discussed. I'm hoping to find a nice hotel in Southampton, that will pick me up at Heathrow, and take me to the hotel.

Many Thanks
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"So be my guest, you got nothing to lose, wont you let me take you on a sea cruise, oooweee, oooweee baby"
Seascale,Cumbria,U.K.
5,569 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
Yes, we like to stay at the HI next to the docks, but the OP is hoping for transport from Heathrow... if they come by train, it's still a taxi ride away.
To the OP... if you go to the Ports section, and look for Great Britain, you'll get lots of answers about coming from London to Southampton... it's the cruise line's fault for suggesting that S'ton is London, when they're over 60 miles apart...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jo.
19 cruises; 10 ships; 7 lines; 89 ports
Canberra Australia
37,218 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
I didn't know of any shuttle service operated by a hotel in Southampton and Tigertastic was of the same opinion, so just thought I would at least add a hotel where they could stay.
Romsey England
11,343 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
As other replies, you have to break down transport from Heathrow to Southampton and a Southampton hotel into the two separate components.

Plenty of threads about both on the Great Britain forum
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=233
(much busier than this forum, which is for Brits rather than for visitors to Britain).
Mebbe post your question there if you can't find the answers.

And check out https://www.londontoolkit.com/ which has pages about both.

JB
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Anyone who looks like their passport photo is too ill to travel (Will Kommen)
Seascale,Cumbria,U.K.
5,569 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
[quote=MicCanberra;53779764]I didn't know of any shuttle service operated by a hotel in Southampton and Tigertastic was of the same opinion, so just thought I would at least add a hotel where they could stay.[/quote
Yes, I realised that..
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jo.
19 cruises; 10 ships; 7 lines; 89 ports
Canberra Australia
37,218 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Coincidently we will need both transfers and accommodation for Southampton next year. So it all helps with the research to either confirm what we already know or to find out better options.
Batemans Bay, NSW Australia
9,059 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Stayed in Southampton couple of times @ Premier Inn and Ibis, fine for a night or two. But agree with other posters, no hotel in Soton would transfer you LHR-Soton.

you can get National Express Bus, private transfer, train from London, plenty of options, or some cruiselines operate transfers.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cheers..(Uncle) LES

Cruised with Princess, Celebrity, Cunard, P&O Australia, P&O UK, Carnival, Sitmar, Sydney Harbour Ferries. World Cruise, plus British Isles, Europe, Med, Greek Isles, Transatlantic, Asia, USA, Panama Canal, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Alaska, Canada, Japan, South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand.!

**Last cruise: Queen Mary 2 - Sydney - HK, 16 nights, 2 - 18 March 2017.

**Future Cruises**:

Adonia: - 3 June 2018, France, Spain & Portugal, ex Southampton - 16 nights
B2B with..
Adonia: - 19 June 2018, Ireland, North Cape, Scandinavia, ex Southampton - 18 nights.

'Adventure before Dementia - Live for Today !!'
Ms
549 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by jocap
Yes, we like to stay at the HI next to the docks, but the OP is hoping for transport from Heathrow... if they come by train, it's still a taxi ride away.
To the OP... if you go to the Ports section, and look for Great Britain, you'll get lots of answers about coming from London to Southampton... it's the cruise line's fault for suggesting that S'ton is London, when they're over 60 miles apart...
Thanks everyone. I have it all worked out. Using Smith's airport transport. A lot easier.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"So be my guest, you got nothing to lose, wont you let me take you on a sea cruise, oooweee, oooweee baby"