for those familiar with Haneda airport

Camelia-

My aunt is looking to take a cruise from Sydney and is looking at booking a one way flight connecting through Haneda airport, Tokyo. She has enough miles for business class thank goodness. I believe that the layover there will be about 4 hours. She would be flying in from Toronto.

My question is about the connection process. She will have to change planes in Haneda so obviously will have to make her way between gates. I'm not familiar with this airport at all. Do you think that she will have the opportunity to use the first class lounge for an hour to freshen up before boarding the next flight? Is it close by or should she forget it and just find her new gate and not waste time looking?

Any advice would be welcome!

Thank you!

Haneda is relatively small compared to many other international airports. Distances are not Hugh...

Unlike her sister airport, Narita.

4 hours will be, more than enough time to pass through "fight connections" and enjoy the airline lounge.

You mentioned she will be travelling in Business... This will entitle her to use the business lounge only... The first lounge will only be reserved for the first class passengers.

Her four hours will pass by very quickly.

Plus: ANA are nice fly... Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

sorry that I forgot to mention that she will be on Air Canada. Are there two different lounges then? One for Business class and one for First Class? What is the difference between them...just curious. I had assumed that Business class and First class were the same and come to think of it I don't think I saw a First Class option on her flight..only Business..hence my assumption. Does it depend on the airline?

Thanks again!

Camelia

My aunt is looking to take a cruise from Sydney and is looking at booking a one way flight connecting through Haneda airport, Tokyo. She has enough miles for business class thank goodness. I believe that the layover there will be about 4 hours. She would be flying in from Toronto.
Has she confirmed that there is availability on the flight. Saver premium cabin awards are hard to come by so if she sees a flight with availability then she needs to jump on it ASAP!

Hi Camelia.

I could be wrong, but I'm sure AC don't fly to Sydney via Japan. I believe they fly direct..

However as yr mum is travelling via Tokyo, she could be on a ANA plane...

ANA-AC code share... Both airlines are in Star Alliance.

I know ANA fly both routes:

Toronto and Sydney.

Many long haul international carriers offer a 4 class configuration:

First, business, premium economy and standard economy. Eg: Lufthansa, BA, AF, Cathy Pacific, and Emirates etc.

Classes of travel offered is based on route and carrier.

Some may only offer a 3 class configuration: business, premium economy and standard economy... Or first, business and economy... Like ANA, BA, Qatar, Etihad.

I hope this helps.

From Toronto Air Canada flies non-stop to both Tokyo airports Narita and Haneda.

Air Canada has International Business Class (with seats that open up to a bed), Premium Economy and Economy. Air Canada (like many airlines) dropped Frist Class and updated Business to have many of the elements of First Class several years ago.

From Vancouver Air Canada flies to Narita and their partner ANA flies from Vancouver to Haneda. From Vancouver Air Canada also flies non-stop to Sidney and Brisbane.

I have flown through Narita but have no experience with Haneda.

She should have access to the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge in Toronto. She should. If she is connecting to ANA in Business should also have lounge access in Tokyo. Most ANA aircraft don't have First Class, there is a very limited number of routes where it is offered. She is likely in their International Business Class product.

Air Canada and ANA codeshare with each other.

Edited by em-sk

Another caveat: Be SURE her inbound and connecting flights are both through Haneda (HND)! For example it's fairly common to get an itinerary that arrives into Narita (NRT) and has a ground connection to a flight out of HND (or vice-versa). If that is the case, 4 hours is needed to get between the two airports by bus or train...and it's risky during morning or evening rush hour.