NCL Star April 27 2015 LGBT cruisers

globalnomad8

Jim, looking forward to meeting up with you at Rosie's at 1:30 pm on Sunday. If, for any reason, you will be delayed please give me a call at 954-663-1036. We'll be busy packing on Sunday and for us it's an all day affair. :D

If I get to Rosie's early, I'll try to hold a table. How many in your party? Anyone else other than Jim's group coming to Rosie's on Sunday?

Happy travels to Ft. Lauderdale.

Lee

Lee, there are 4 or 5 of us from KC, we think a friend who lives part time in Ft Lauderdale and now Bill & Kevin from Orlando. So with you two, let's say ten total. If we decide to go to dinner somewhere, there could be more. Looking forward to meeting you guys and anyone else!

Jim

Afternoon Ladies and Gents!

I just booked solo this morning Miami-Copenhagen, 34/m/texas. How many of you are doing 11N to London and who is doing the 14N crossing to Copenhagen? Or staying even longer?

If anyone is interested in some games on board I enjoy ping pong, chess, scrabble, and am learning Bridge. Also could use a gym partner to motivate me to go more often, enjoy using the hot tubs daily, will go to some of the specialty restaurants, and might be interested in joining some tours ashore. I was assigned room 12507 so email me mernst321@yahoo.com or leave me a message on the ships voicemail on board, we need to fill those many sea days somehow :)

I see mostly couples, anyone else single? Who knows what trouble we can get into...

What happens in international waters stays in international waters; am I right? :D

Michael

Edited by cruise__fanatic

Welcome cruise fanatic. I'm also traveling alone. I often feel very socially awkward in large groups so I doubt I attend every single party. But I'm gonna really try to workout in the mornings. I've got the ship tour to Windsor Castle on VE Day as most independent tours for one person seemed be be about the same price as the ship's. No telling what I'll do in Amsterdam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Michael...welcome to our growing group. Glad you'll be onboard.

Jim, the number onboard (and to reach me at Rosie's is 1036. Didn't know about Iconcierge till I read about on this post. I understand we use the ship's wifi which means it will cost, right? I'll book for 10 at 1:30. if there are more, there are always laps.

Sunday Wilton Manors brunchers....was able to get reservations at Rumors for 10 people on the patio at 1:30 pm. They have brunch until 3 and asked that we be there as close to 1:30 as possible. Will this be ok???? :cool:

Rumors Bar & Grill Bar

Address: 2426 Wilton Dr, Wilton Manors, FL 33305, United States

Phone:(954) 565-8851

Lee

I often feel very socially awkward in large groups so I doubt I attend every single party. But I'm gonna really try to workout in the mornings. I've got the ship tour to Windsor Castle on VE Day as most independent tours for one person seemed be be about the same price as the ship's. No telling what I'll do in Amsterdam.

I'm not a social butterfly either that's why I posted a few activities. Maybe a couple of people want to go to a specialty dinner or spend a spend an hour playing some games, smaller groups is better imo. The regular roll call meetup has like 200 people attending, how are you supposed to even find the people you've talked to lol.

I have only indulged once in Denver(legally) but thought maybe a few people might want to hit a coffeehouse in Amsterdam. Much less likely to miss the ship if we are in a group, surely one of us will be ok to lead back to the port :rolleyes:

Sunday Wilton Manors brunchers....was able to get reservations at Rumors for 10 people on the patio at 1:30 pm. They have brunch until 3 and asked that we be there as close to 1:30 as possible. Will this be ok???? :cool:

Rumors Bar & Grill Bar

Address: 2426 Wilton Dr, Wilton Manors, FL 33305, United States

Phone:(954) 565-8851

Lee

Okay, Rumors it is. Not sure we can get the word out to everyone, but will try.

Jim

Afternoon Ladies and Gents!

I just booked solo this morning Miami-Copenhagen, 34/m/texas. How many of you are doing 11N to London and who is doing the 14N crossing to Copenhagen? Or staying even longer?

If anyone is interested in some games on board I enjoy ping pong, chess, scrabble, and am learning Bridge. Also could use a gym partner to motivate me to go more often, enjoy using the hot tubs daily, will go to some of the specialty restaurants, and might be interested in joining some tours ashore. I was assigned room 12507 so email me mernst321@yahoo.com or leave me a message on the ships voicemail on board, we need to fill those many sea days somehow :)

I see mostly couples, anyone else single? Who knows what trouble we can get into...

What happens in international waters stays in international waters; am I right? :D

Michael

LOL! Haha! Oh, Micheal, I get the feeling you're gonna be an absolute riot to hang out with. Can't wait to meet ya, alongside everybody else.

I'll be doing the 14-day itinerary, although I believe some passengers will be disembarking on day 11, when we're docked in Dover.

Board-game wise, I'd be down to play any of the ones that you mentioned, but my personal favorite would have to be checkers, :P

I haven't been to the gym in years, (Don't stone me, please) because between school and work, I barely have any time for myself, =( I need to change that, I know.

And yeah, they'll be plenty to do on board, considering the length of the itinerary. I'm sure that by the 14th day, we'll be more familiar with the ship than with our own homes, LOL.

I was able to get my hands on the UDP (Although I would have preferred the UBP, had it been an option to choose from) through one of those free promos that they currently have going on, so because of that, I'll probably be eating at the specialty restaurants quite a bit (My top three favorites are, La Cucina, Moderno's, and Cagney's).

Typically, I like to hit the hot-tubes at night, as that's usually when they are less crowded, but I wouldn't mind hitting them up during the day.

Have you booked any excursions, yet? I booked two, directly through NCL.

I'l be doing the tour of London, and then a tour of the late Ann Frank's house, over in Amsterdam. Looking forward to both. I didn't book anything for our time in the Azores. I'm just gonna play it by ear, while we're there. And then for Copenhagen itself, I didn't book anything either, as I'll be leaving early that afternoon.

Not everyone in here is partnered, based on what I've been able to gather.

I used to cruise all the time with my boyfriend, but when we broke up, that hasn't been the case since then. Because of that, I've done quite a few cruises solo, but this will be my first transatlantic itinerary, by myself, so we'll see what happens....=) #SoloPassangerAlert.....^_^

Like I said earlier on...I can already tell you're a hoot, mister. But yes, what happens in international waters, stays in international waters. I'll leave it at that.

You'll be two floors up above from where I'll be staying. I was assigned a cabin on the 10th floor.

Have a great weekend. Crunch time is finally upon us.

Can't wait to see y'all on Monday for the sail away party. Safe travels to the Magic City!

#NorwegianStar

Edited by Janiel

Hello Michael, welcome to our group. I am traveling solo as well. Though I didn't buy any on board dining plan, I love to have company to dine in the specialty restaurants on few nights, especially the French one! I enjoy drinking wine with good conversation over the dining table.

I am from Singapore living in Hong King. This is my third cruise in U.S. after the south bound Alaska and western Caribbean cruise. I travel globally and have been to 90+ countries so far. This TA cruise is part of my 2 month journey to 7 Nordic countries, counting Faroe Islands as a country.

Along with other solo travelers on board, we can have our small group or just join with others to have good companion and enjoyable voyage across the Atlantic!

See you on Monday!

Patrick

Well that's at least 3 who want to go to the specialty restaurants, should we setup a table? First day many will be tired from travel, day 2 to try the main restaurant, seems day 3 would be optimal.

How about Moderno on the 29th @7pm? Who's in? :)

Edited by cruise__fanatic

Well that's at least 3 who want to go to the specialty restaurants, should we setup a table? First day many will be tired from travel, day 2 to try the main restaurant, seems day 3 would be optimal.

How about Moderno on the 29th @7pm? Who's in? :)

I am game to join. What kind of cuisine does Moderno serve? Sorry as I am on the road and not easy to browse Back to NCL website. I am in cabin 8508 in case of contact.

Patrick

What kind of cuisine does Moderno serve?

If you’re looking for a unique experience, our authentic Brazilian steakhouse is a must. Start with an impressive salad bar of imported cheeses, olives, cured meats, ceviche and specialty salads. Be sure to save room for the delicious skewers of slow-roasted meats including beef, pork, lamb and chicken – all carved tableside by our Pasadores.

Price Per Person: $20

I'll make a reservation. If you would like to join post with how many in your group.

cruise__fanatic / Michael

Serengeti228 / Patrick

Thanks Michael, are you also interested in the specialty restaurant serving the French cuisine? If so, we can organize one dinner over there. I am fine with any day and time as long as reservation booking is available. I am not sure if these specialty restaurants are in high demand. Alternatively we can play by ear once on board. Cheers.

Patrick

Hi Michael...welcome to our growing group. Glad you'll be onboard.

Jim, the number onboard (and to reach me at Rosie's is 1036. Didn't know about Iconcierge till I read about on this post. I understand we use the ship's wifi which means it will cost, right? I'll book for 10 at 1:30. if there are more, there are always laps.

Don't think iConcierge will cost anything to call as long as the person you are calling is on the ship and has the app. You should download it prior to boarding.

Jim

Don't think iConcierge will cost anything to call as long as the person you are calling is on the ship and has the app. You should download it prior to boarding.

Jim

If you open the app and click on messages at the bottom it says "current packages and rates are not available until you connect to the ships wifi network"

My understanding is that things like the dailies, your account total, menus, etc are all free. You pay either a flat fee or a nominal fee to call or text people on the ship. It's not the 79cents a min of internet though. Again I believe this is how it works, don't quote me.

That is certainly possible. It seems too good to be true, but the fact that it's basically to order ship services & manage your account may make any charge to connect to their wifi reasonable (but who knows at this point).

Is it wrong that I booked yesterday and am already looking to book my next cruise? My username is fitting....

Actually I'm thinking of staying on the Star for the Baltic leg the next cruise May 11. Anyone wanna be my roomie? Single supplement atm is meh lol

Is it wrong that I booked yesterday and am already looking to book my next cruise? My username is fitting....

Actually I'm thinking of staying on the Star for the Baltic leg the next cruise May 11. Anyone wanna be my roomie? Single supplement atm is meh lol

Go for it, if it's within your financial means!