Best Cabana in Grand Turk?

Itzmyn

I've booked a cabana in Grand Turk. Anybody have a favorite spot, or suggestions on which ones to stay away from. 4 adults, Jan. 16,2015, Liberty sailing. There are two ships in port on the day we are there, but ours gets in 3 hours before the other one. I know they assign them first come, first choice and I'm planning on being off the ship as early as I can. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

• 1 month later...

As an FYI - these cabanas are not on the beach, like at the private islands, they are back behind the Margaritaville pool.

I personally never understood the appeal of a cabana at this location (unless you have a baby or elderly person you need to tend to).

Seems like you might as well stay at the pool at a Holiday Inn in Orlando, if you are not going to be able to see or enjoy the beautiful sea water and beach that is Grand Turk. There is plenty of shade on the beach

Just my opinion. Some do rent them, and do enjoy them.

As an FYI - these cabanas are not on the beach, like at the private islands, they are back behind the Margaritaville pool.

I personally never understood the appeal of a cabana at this location (unless you have a baby or elderly person you need to tend to).

Seems like you might as well stay at the pool at a Holiday Inn in Orlando, if you are not going to be able to see or enjoy the beautiful sea water and beach that is Grand Turk. There is plenty of shade on the beach

Just my opinion. Some do rent them, and do enjoy them.

I kind of agree, but I think maybe if we had a group or a family with us, it might be a good central meeting/storage location. Some go to the beach, some do the flowrider, some walk to a beach bar, then you can always come back and know where your gang is. That would be the only reason I would rent one, OR if I had a little one or older one with me like this poster stated.

We walked to jacks, did some snorkeling around the pier down there, headed back toward the port area and ended up at Island Village for crack conch (AWESOME) and ice cold local beer for just a few $$. We had a blast there. When we were done, we headed back and swam around the Margaritaville pool for a bit to cool down before we had to get back on the ship.

That doesn't really answer your question does it, but I guess....from what I saw, I would choose one that is closest to the Beach. (Toward the flowrider).

Edited by mrsfuzzmo

• 5 months later...