Empress Questions

I put this in another thread, but maybe someone here can answer this.

Can anyone give me opinion on room 7154. 7156??

We know they are obstructed view. But just wanted to make sure there is not a walkway in front of these cabins. From the videos I've found and other threads it looks like that would be deck 6 not deck 7

Our other choice would be rooms 4112 and 4114. But would be paying just a little more money. I have always liked the higher decks. And not sure if the view is worth going lower, especially when costing more

Opinions???

How late are the pools usually open on the ships? What if anything is there for kids 7-10 to do at night that does not involve dropping them off at "daycare"?

Empress will provide a more traditional cruise experience, with less gimmicky offerings and more of the type of fun found before cruise ships were hijacked by amusement park type of entertainment. From previous experience on ships without the newest bells and whistles, the kids won't be bored. Personally, after dinner we take the kids to one of the venues with a live band (which normally early in the evening are family friendly and everyone is welcome). The kids dance until they are exhausted. After that, we walk around the ship to see what else is going on, go out on the open decks and stargaze which they think is absolutely amazing, stop at the ice cream machine if available, and then head back to our stateroom and wind down watching a movie or family friendly programming.

I know that you mentioned activities not involving Adventure Ocean, but our kids really enjoy going there as well and meeting other kids their own age. On previous cruises, we've dropped them off a few times after dinner so that they can have some kid fun while the adults can have some adult fun. While we love our time as a family and it's our main reason to cruise, we value having a bit of time to ourselves, and I'm sure that they enjoy having time to themselves as well. [emoji4]

Edited by Tapi

We know they are obstructed view. But just wanted to make sure there is not a walkway in front of these cabins. From the videos I've found and other threads it looks like that would be deck 6 not deck 7

Our other choice would be rooms 4112 and 4114. But would be paying just a little more money. I have always liked the higher decks. And not sure if the view is worth going lower, especially when costing more

Opinions???

Keep in mind this is based off of 20 years ago memory, there is no walk way just about all the ocean views are blocked by the life boats on deck 7. The view isn't "obstructed" it is blocked unless the cabin happens to split the gap between two life boats then you can see a smidge of water.

We are booked in 7616, expecting the window to be good for natural light, nothing else.

Opinions???

Why not book an unobstructed cabin on deck 7, same category? Cabins 7166 thru 7182 (even numbered) and cabins 7508 thru 7526 (even numbered) are all the same category but with no obstructions!

• 1 year later...