Entertainment on Freedom

Hi,

My son wants us to try the MTD because he prefers to eat around 6:30 or 7:00. But there are 8 of us so I'm concerned it might be difficult to get seating for 8 without reservations.

Also I want to be able to see the evening entertainment.

Does anyone know what shows are on the Freedom?

Does anyone have copies of the dailies?

Thanks

The show times are based on early and late dining times 6 or 8:30 if you eat around 7 you will miss the shows

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Hi,

I thought the same thing. Me and hubby prefer the earlier time. The kids (young adults) prefer the later time. The early dining is 5:30 on Freedom so it's quite early. Maybe we could the MTD at 6 or 6:30 and still make the shows. I will have to think about this.

Thanks for the feedback.

We have been doing MTD since its inception and 6:30PM is our preferred dining time. We usually can make the show dining at that hour. With such a large group, let you waiter know and he/she will do their best to get you out on time. I also highly recommend making a reservation so you don't have to wait in line as long since you get priority over those that do not have a reservations.

Being you mentioned this is on Freedom, a word of warning. For some strange reason, they do not accept MTD reservations between 6-7PM. We have even gone to the DR desk at boarding and they will not budge on changing reservations to this closed hour. What we did was have reservations at 7PM and then showed up at 6:30PM, where they let us in for dinner. Now we were just 2 people doing this, 8 people may be a bit more problematic. My other suggestion is to go to the early show and enjoy dinner afterward if you do not want a 5:30PM dinner. Whatever you decide, I wish you a great cruise.

Hi,

My son wants us to try the MTD because he prefers to eat around 6:30 or 7:00. But there are 8 of us so I'm concerned it might be difficult to get seating for 8 without reservations.

Hi cruiser. Just to let you know Freedom reg seating is 530pm & 800pm. To to blog or many compasses on site that will give you times on shows. Bob We ma

ke reservations for my time on line early and if we change just call on phone on ship and cancel

Freedom of the Seas Review- Feb 12-18, 2017 (Western Caribbean) try this for compasses. SCROLL TO SECOND PAGE FOR COMPASSES

Edited by villager70

• 2 weeks later...

I just happened to see that dining opened up for our December Freedom cruise. When I went to book the times for the 6 of us, it was 5:30, 5:45, then jumped to 7:30. Now I know why the normal 6:00 wasn't available. We have always had traditional dining at 6 pm...so MTD will be new to us. We hope to have the same table and staff each night as it makes the dinner process smooth.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just happened to see that dining opened up for our December Freedom cruise. When I went to book the times for the 6 of us, it was 5:30, 5:45, then jumped to 7:30. Now I know why the normal 6:00 wasn't available. We have always had traditional dining at 6 pm...so MTD will be new to us. We hope to have the same table and staff each night as it makes the dinner process smooth.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On my last FOS cruise, I had MTD with a 5:30 reservation every night. Although I went solo, I did have the same table/servers every night. No different than traditional dining routine....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have traditional dining booked for 06.30, early as I have a small child, so does this mean we will miss the shows?? i presumed shows would not start till 8 or half 8 ??:(

The show times are based on early and late dining times 6 or 8:30 if you eat around 7 you will miss the shows

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

hi have you found out what time the shows are at please as now reading this i have traditional dining booked for 06.30, will i miss them. :loudcry:

Hi,

Thanks

I did a review of our recent western Med cruise on Freedom and posted all the compasses. It may be different in the Caribbean, dont know. Most nights there were two shows at approximately 7.45 and 10.45pm. If there was only one show then it would be repeated the following night. We had no problem reserving MTD between 6pm and 7.30pm. We had the same table and staff every night but were moved table the final night but still had the same staff. They tried to place us at a different table one evening and our waiter went mad and insisted on us having our usual table as we would have been in a different section with a different waiter. They like to keep the same guests and earn their tips and will do all to make this possible...or so was our experience. If you want to go to a particular show, make sure you tell your waiter and they will ensure you are served fast and finished on time. Also you will have your compass the night before and can work out what time to reserve your dinner for. Enjoy your cruise.