March or April 2014??

SkyHighT100

We are getting ready to book our Honeymoon cruise on Royal Caribbean. We will be leaving Fort Lauderdale, FL on the Independence of the Seas for 8 wonderful nights :) We are debating between two cruise dates and would love some input. We have done two 7 night cruises in the past, both towards the end of April. Given the great weather we had on both cruises we were leaning towards the April 26th departure. However, we noticed the March 29th sailing is $300 cheaper per person, which is great seeing as we don't have a bunch of extra funds. My biggest worry is Spring Break and the craziness that comes with it. I doubt an 8 night cruise will be super packed with kids or drunken college kids, but you just never know. lol. If you had to pick between the two dates, which would you go with?

We are getting ready to book our Honeymoon cruise on Royal Caribbean. We will be leaving Fort Lauderdale, FL on the Independence of the Seas for 8 wonderful nights :) We are debating between two cruise dates and would love some input. We have done two 7 night cruises in the past, both towards the end of April. Given the great weather we had on both cruises we were leaning towards the April 26th departure. However, we noticed the March 29th sailing is $300 cheaper per person, which is great seeing as we don't have a bunch of extra funds. My biggest worry is Spring Break and the craziness that comes with it. I doubt an 8 night cruise will be super packed with kids or drunken college kids, but you just never know. lol. If you had to pick between the two dates, which would you go with?

Easter 2014 is April 20. Not unusual for families to cruise either the week before or week after.

The money you save by going on the March cruise can go toward the gratuities which you have to add to the basic cruise cost.

Agree that the April dates will be packed with families.

Go with the March dates. It will be hot in Florida and the Caribbean then.

We have done the 8 nighter on both Indy & Liberty in March a few times. Always a favorite of ours with our adult children (25-30's)...a great choice you won't regret...Enjoy and congrats.

Just so you are aware in Miami that weekend is an Ultra Music Festival so if you wanted to go over to Miami you would have something to do. I know because our cruise leaves on 3/29 (we also picked this day because of pricing).

Happy Sailing!!!

I think you will have around the same number of children in March as you will in April.

While Easter is in April there are very few schools that are closed that week.

I would go with either date.

Keith

In the Northeast, most schools close in April (before or after Easter) for Spring break. Florida schools are closed in March for Spring break.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. We wound up booking the cruise leaving on March 29th. $600 was a big difference that I couldn't pass up! Heck, it's our Honeymoon after all, so the money we saved by changing dates will allow us to go on more excursions or do a little more site seeing :) I called RCCL to book, 50% off deposit and $100 on board credit as stated for thier "WOW" sale.

Archived