Mexico cruise excursions

MVMom&Dad

I'm going to Mexico in November and would like your thoughts or if anyone has done the yacht cruise in Cabo? Need some ideas for Puerto Vallarta. Thank you!

In PV if they have an excursion to Las Caletas.....

Its was a blast.

http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/tours/las-caletas-day-trip

Edited by Colo Cruiser

No, you cannot book Las Caletas privately if you're on a cruise... They have an arrangement with the cruise lines. but that was very enjoyable. I am going to Mexico in November as well and reserved the Yelapas excursion in Puerto Vallarta through the Princess personalizer.

In Cabo, since our stay there is so short, we just walk around...

When in November are you going?

Edited by Working 2 Cruise

Puerto Vallarta - do the Puerto Vallarta food tour

Accommodates about 10 people and is fantastic. If you email them they can custom do a tour on days no scheduled (e.g. last time we were in Mexico on Princess it was a normally closed day and they made a group for us). Our group of ~8 people had a blast and we sent some neighbors to try it and they had a blast too.

http://puertovallartafoodtours.com/

PV .. Las Caletas .. I absolutely would never go back there again by cruise ship without including that tour .. one of the best ever .. I don't even like those cultural dance type shows and I was rapt watching that one !!!

I'm going to Mexico in November and would like your thoughts or if anyone has done the yacht cruise in Cabo? Need some ideas for Puerto Vallarta. Thank you!

Two things will influence any recommendation you might get: 1) Which ship (Crown, Star or Grand)? 2) What type activities do you enjoy?

The itinerary determines your time and time frame in each port.

No, you cannot book Las Caletas privately if you're on a cruise... They have an arrangement with the cruise lines. but that was very enjoyable. I am going to Mexico in November as well and reserved the Yelapas excursion in Puerto Vallarta through the Princess personalizer.

In Cabo, since our stay there is so short, we just walk around...

When in November are you going?

For those who haven't booked through the cruise lines, here is a water taxi schedule and fares for Yelapa.

http://www.yelapa.info/coop.html

Edited by swedish weave

In PV if they have an excursion to Las Caletas.....

Its was a blast.

http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/tours/las-caletas-day-trip

What did you do while there? Is it good for kayaking? My wife and I aren't regular kayak folks but we did try it one time along the coast and enjoyed it. We hope to kayak at one of the ports and it's offered at several on our itinerary. We are in PV from 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM so there would be plenty of time for this excursion.

I see kayaking excursions at Loreto and La Paz as well and am trying to decide which port to do this activity.

Any help or input?

Our family has a timeshare in PV and we have gone often. Some highlights for activities include the Canopy Tour (ziplining), swimming with dolphins, Rhythm of the Night and whale watching with Ocean Friendly -- though not sure if november is prime whale watching time.

Ah Caramba restaurant has wonderful sunset views if you are still in port at that time.

What did you do while there? Is it good for kayaking? My wife and I aren't regular kayak folks but we did try it one time along the coast and enjoyed it. We hope to kayak at one of the ports and it's offered at several on our itinerary. We are in PV from 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM so there would be plenty of time for this excursion.

I see kayaking excursions at Loreto and La Paz as well and am trying to decide which port to do this activity.

Any help or input?

Drank.

Did the yacht cruise in Cabo and loved it. You really are treated like royalty. Dropped anchor and swam, bar open, and we followed some whales. Would do it again and again

Not crazy about Cabo. Too touristy and don't enjoy sitting shoulder to shoulder at a beach. We usually take a 1-1/2 hour couples massage (very inexpensive, but good) and then walk over to one of the better hotels and have lunch and a couple margaritas.

Whale-watching is seasonable and unfortunately we never seem to be down there when they are. (Dec-March?)

We loved Las Calitas in PV but we also enjoy just exploring the city. Princess is in port until late so there are many different things offered that you can do on your own but Las Calitas can only be booked through Princess if you are not booked through one of the hotels.

Any help or input?

Drank.

Kind of a spendy excursion to just sit and drink!

Not crazy about Cabo. Too touristy and don't enjoy sitting shoulder to shoulder at a beach. We usually take a 1-1/2 hour couples massage (very inexpensive, but good) and then walk over to one of the better hotels and have lunch and a couple margaritas.

Whale-watching is seasonable and unfortunately we never seem to be down there when they are. (Dec-March?)

We loved Las Calitas in PV but we also enjoy just exploring the city. Princess is in port until late so there are many different things offered that you can do on your own but Las Calitas can only be booked through Princess if you are not booked through one of the hotels.

It's actually Las Caletas... and you are wrong about the length of time Princess is in Cabo. Princess leaves Cabo at 2:00 pm on 7 day cruises. On top of that, it's a tender port. So, the last tender is at 1:00 p.m. for a 1:30 p.m. all aboard. I don't consider a 2:00 pm departure late?

Edited by Working 2 Cruise

It's actually Las Caletas... and you are wrong about the length of time Princess is in Cabo. Princess leaves Cabo at 2:00 pm on 7 day cruises. On top of that, it's a tender port. So, the last tender is at 1:00 p.m. for a 1:30 p.m. all aboard. I don't consider a 2:00 pm departure late?

I'm confused as to why you're correcting my post. Las Calitas/Las Caletas, what difference does it make? Really? It's not like the difference in spelling is going to confuse anyone. The OP is not going to take my advice and end up in another town.

And YOU are the one who is giving confusing information.

You assumed the OP was cruising out of L.A. but he/she already said when and which ship they would be on. The Star, out of SF is a 10 day cruise. It is in PV from 12-8pm and in Cabo 8 to 5pm.

The devil is in the details. :rolleyes:

Edited by iceleven