Airfare reimbursement

eminence_front

You will be fine if you booked through Carnival. Ask THEM!

As a side note, I booked four tickets to NOLA on 12/25 through AA and called today with respect to them. Theere would be a cancellation fee IF the airport is open to commercial traffic when were supposed to fly (full refund if not). I asked if AA would be willing to waive all fees if the fare were doanted directly to Red Cross, since they have a link to Red Cross on their site. The person told me they would look into this and get back to me. This is what I will do if they allow it. Other booked with other airlines interested in this may want to ask.

You will be fine if you booked through Carnival. Ask THEM!

As a side note, I booked four tickets to NOLA on 12/25 through AA and called today with respect to them. Theere would be a cancellation fee IF the airport is open to commercial traffic when were supposed to fly (full refund if not). I asked if AA would be willing to waive all fees if the fare were doanted directly to Red Cross, since they have a link to Red Cross on their site. The person told me they would look into this and get back to me. This is what I will do if they allow it. Other booked with other airlines interested in this may want to ask.

I think the fee is waived if your travel dates are through 10/31 (so far).

Yes, but for the airlines, the issue is not that you booked the flight in order to take a cruise that was cancelled but, rather, the issue is whether the airport will be available to receive passengers. THAT date is unknown at this point. It is a problem for some wishing to make alternate plans.

We are sailing on the Conquest 11/20/05. My sister was able to change her flight, originally from Burbank CA to New Orleans, to a flight from Burbank to Houston, at absolutely no additional cost to her. American Airlines changed it for her readily, and she didn't even book through them directly, but through Expedia.

We are sailing on the Conquest 11/20/05. My sister was able to change her flight, originally from Burbank CA to New Orleans, to a flight from Burbank to Houston, at absolutely no additional cost to her. American Airlines changed it for her readily, and she didn't even book through them directly, but through Expedia.

It must make a difference to whom you speak and the type of tickets originally purchased (I bought mine directly through the AA site). I was told by an AA representative about 10 minutes ago that they would only re-schedule flights to NOLA that were to be flown through 10/31 without charge. All others would be assessed a $100 PER TICKET fee for any changes (unless they were the much more expensive "guaranteed" flight tickets - perhaps what your sister had?). She went on to say that this date may extend further in time, depending on when NOLA airport is up and running for commercial flights. Makes it kinda hard to make other arrangements. Greeneyes, do you happen to know with whom your sister spoke? :)

Archived