Midnight snack on Allure

freeon

Don't get to excited about the pizza, it taste like the kind you would buy in the frozen food section of your local grocery store.

I'd agree with that. The pizza is best when it's fresh, but definitely subpar. IIRC they also have antipasto. Also, it's not 24/7, it closes a few hours here and there. I forgot why.

I found the sandwiches at the Cafe decent enough.

Don't get too excited about the pizza, it tastes like the kind you would buy in the frozen food section of your local grocery store.

The good news is that some cruisers live in West Bumble...., um, you know the phrase my kids use.

They don't know what good pizza tastes like.

:D :D :D

Yes compared to most other lines RCI has weak late night offereings. I don't think the claim is a stretch at all. After dinner you can go to sorrento of cafe promenade or room service. NCL was mentioned with their late night pub food. Carnival has a portion of their buffet open late night. Princess cafe (can not remember the name at the moment) has more food options than RCI.

Whether you care or not is one thing, but if you've been on other lines you may find RCI to be a distant finisher in this contest and certainly not a leader.

The biggest RCI ships don't even have 1 late night deck party snack and Carnival is bringing back Midnight Buffets on some itineraries. You can't get hot wings on Royals newest ships at night but you can go on NCL oldest and smallest ship and get made to order wings at 4 am if it suits you. You won't starve on Oasis or Allure but the choices are meager. And if you are on a smaller ship you will be lucky to find ANYTHING at all after midnight.

Midnight buffets....a total waste of food except for the gluttony crowd......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:....Carnival is way worse than RCL regarding late night snacks.

Midnight buffets....a total waste of food except for the gluttony crowd......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:....Carnival is way worse than RCL regarding late night snacks.

I was just stating objective facts. Thanks for blessing us with your cheerful opinions.

• 2 weeks later...

My significant other and I were on Allure this summer and both thought that the choices for food late night was disappointing we usually finished the night between 11pm-1am and always like a late night snack, especially after drinking and only found the pizza place and the cafe right across from it open, and that gets old after a few days, then we discovered the room service but by the time it got to the room we were both too tired anyways (45 min+ wait). I remember when I sailed on carnival a long time ago they had a midnight buffet every night that revolved around a theme. I do believe it would take minimal resources to fix the problem and satisfy more cruisers honestly

Sorrento's is the pizza shop on the promenade deck 5. I believe its open 24 hours. The pizza in most sorrento's is just ok, but the one on this class ship has made to order personal size pizzas. It takes about 10 minutes and is worthy.

Somehow, Sorrento's pizza, and a couple of beers, tastes a lot better to me at 1 AM than it does in the middle of the day.:D

I was just stating objective facts. Thanks for blessing us with your cheerful opinions.

Right? If getting hungry *late because I'm on three hour or more time difference and couldn't muster up much appetite at dinner counts as gluttony, count me in. Also, I'll be waiting for my *lush designation as well because I'm definitely going to enjoy by beverage package! [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The made to order pizza that you can put your own toppings on when sailing the Oasis were ok.

Extra cheese, extra sauce pepperoni and did I say extra extra cheese, made it do-able after getting the most out of a drink or two.:D

It's the best we can do late in the day, when most of the venues are closed.

Sea Ya

What is available to eat after midnight on allure?

Hamburgers & very, very bad pizza.

That's basically it.

Pro tip, if you opt for the very, very bad pizza, you can get a whole pie from sorrentos.

Pro-tip number 2, the cutoff is more likely 10pm than midnight.