Disabled Travler

OneLegPirate

I lost my left leg a couple of years ago and now that I am very mobile again, my wife and I want to do some traveling. This summer we are taking the Golden Princess out of San Fransisco to Alaska, 7/21/2015. We want to go a couple of days early and stay in San Fransisco. We have done a little traveling last year but were not overly happy with the Hotel's disabled facilities. What I am looking for is a folding bath / shower stool with a carrying bag. I have looked out on the net and found a number of shower stools but nothing with a bag. If someone has been able to find one I would greatly appreciate it if they could point me in the right direction. We did not get a handicap room as I don't need one. I just can't get the leg wet.

Much Thanks,

The One Legged Pirate

I lost my left leg a couple of years ago and now that I am very mobile again, my wife and I want to do some traveling. This summer we are taking the Golden Princess out of San Fransisco to Alaska, 7/21/2015. We want to go a couple of days early and stay in San Fransisco. We have done a little traveling last year but were not overly happy with the Hotel's disabled facilities. What I am looking for is a folding bath / shower stool with a carrying bag. I have looked out on the net and found a number of shower stools but nothing with a bag. If someone has been able to find one I would greatly appreciate it if they could point me in the right direction. We did not get a handicap room as I don't need one. I just can't get the leg wet.

Much Thanks,

The One Legged Pirate

Princess will provide a shower seat upon request at no charge for the cruise portion . All you have to do is contact Princess' Access Department at least 30 days in advance. Princess Access office

Fax : 661-284-4408

Phone: 661-284-4521

Most reputable hotels will provide a shower chair or transfer bench upon request. Suggest you contact the hotel

Please rethink the HC cabin. We did Alaska two years ago on Princess, and I asked for a shower stool. Well, with the stool in the shower, there was barely room to stand. It took up 2/3 of the space. Princess has the tiniest showers of any line I have sailed, comparable only to Cunard. The HC cabin has a fold down bench in the shower, no need for a stool. I think you will be very dissapointed/frustrated if you try to use a stool in a Princess shower. EM