Quantum Luggage tags

Peewee14

Hi Guys

I apologise if this has been asked but I can't seem to find it if it has!

We are on the 2nd November sailing and I have now checked in and printed the set sail passes.

I understand that we get RFID luggage tags etc, but do we still have to put any kind of tag on them, or do the porters etc tag them as you drop them off with the RFID tags straight away?

I can't seem to find any luggage tags in my online documentation

Thank you

Hi Guys

I apologise if this has been asked but I can't seem to find it if it has!

We are on the 2nd November sailing and I have now checked in and printed the set sail passes.

I understand that we get RFID luggage tags etc, but do we still have to put any kind of tag on them, or do the porters etc tag them as you drop them off with the RFID tags straight away?

I can't seem to find any luggage tags in my online documentation

Thank you

You put on your paper luggage tags before you get to the port and then when you get to the port and hand over your luggage to the porters they put on the RFID luggage tags which have to remain on your luggage for the whole trip.

Thanks for the reply. Where do I get the paper tags?

When you print off your Set Sail Pass the luggage tags should be there on the last page.

Also, if you go back into Step 1 of the Check In proceedure and click on Edit and go through the pages....you will come to a page where you can select to have your luggage tags sent to you or you can print them out.

Normally luggage tags are not sent out without paying $35 but for our sailing at least you can get them for free. Others from our roll call on both sides of the pond have already done so.

When you print off your Set Sail Pass the luggage tags should be there on the last page.

Also, if you go back into Step 1 of the Check In proceedure and click on Edit and go through the pages....you will come to a page where you can select to have your luggage tags sent to you or you can print them out.

Normally luggage tags are not sent out without paying $35 but for our sailing at least you can get them for free. Others from our roll call on both sides of the pond have already done so.

Interesting that there changing this again. I just went through our 11/23 and 12/1 sailings, still not seeing any mention of luggage tags in the check in questions. I've also printed my Set Sail Pass and it's only a single page (designed to be folded in half), no luggage tags (beyond the spot to put the RFID receipts). Our cruise documentation hasn't been released for either sailings yet though, not sure if that's related.

There is now an option to get the tags sent to you in the post again. I received mine in the post 3 days after requesting them for the Nov 02nd sailing. This is the first time in years that the option was there for non-US cruisers to get the tags sent.

Edited by petermack

Has anyone on a sailing out of Cape liberty had luggage tags? Would be weird to need them when the RFID is linked to the person and should be enough to get the luggage sorted and sent to the right cabin. Wonder if they have an airport like luggage system with sensors in the new terminal to automatically sort them bags.

I don't think so. The new terminal and technology aren't open yet. We checked in online and have our set sail pass. No paper passes attached to it but there is an area that says <<Place luggage receipts here and keep for tracking purposes>>

There is also this message:

<<DO NOT REMOVE THE RFID TAG affixed to your luggage for the duration of your trip. It is used to track your luggage throughout your cruise. Track the status of your luggage moving on and off the ship with ROYAL iQ.>>

I like that you can know where your bag is on departure also. For those who don't know, Royal IQ will be the app that you can download to your smart phone to manage everything on this ship via wifi.

I don't think so. The new terminal and technology aren't open yet. We checked in online and have our set sail pass. No paper passes attached to it but there is an area that says <<Place luggage receipts here and keep for tracking purposes>>

There is also this message:

<<DO NOT REMOVE THE RFID TAG affixed to your luggage for the duration of your trip. It is used to track your luggage throughout your cruise. Track the status of your luggage moving on and off the ship with ROYAL iQ.>>

I like that you can know where your bag is on departure also. For those who don't know, Royal IQ will be the app that you can download to your smart phone to manage everything on this ship via wifi.

I have the same, just studied my set sail pass and no luggage tags,

I have been through all the steps numerous times and can't see any option to have them posted to me,

Am I just being dumb here? can someone help I really don't want to phone RCI unless I really really have to!

I have the same, just studied my set sail pass and no luggage tags,

I have been through all the steps numerous times and can't see any option to have them posted to me,

Am I just being dumb here? can someone help I really don't want to phone RCI unless I really really have to!

Pete, when you printed out your Set Sail...how many pages was it ?

The luggage tag should be on the second page.

Mine was one page only.

I had printed my set sail pass before the new check in process was in place and this set sail pass has two pages with a luggage ticket on the second page (although it was not the same as in past cruises)

Once the new app was out, I added the new fields and printed the new set sail pass which does not have two pages or a luggage tag. I would think that since we need to get an RFID tag, we will not get tags until we arrive at the port.

This is one feature of the new ship that I am not interested in so I would rather put tags on at home, drop them off and not worry about them. I am not liking the idea of dropping the luggage requires interaction with someone to give you a tag and mapping it to your set sail. I think this will be a bottleneck, but I will keep an open mind until I sail :)

I am not sure how correct this information is, But I called RCCL this morning about the same as I only got 1 page of set sail pass. No luggage tags for my December cruise. As per RCCL, I should be able to print my luggage tags with cruise documentation which will be ready after 49 days left for my sailing.

Again , not sure if this is correct info.....

I am not sure how correct this information is, But I called RCCL this morning about the same as I only got 1 page of set sail pass. No luggage tags for my December cruise. As per RCCL, I should be able to print my luggage tags with cruise documentation which will be ready after 49 days left for my sailing.

Again , not sure if this is correct info.....

That is correct.

Those of us on the 11/2 Maiden Voyage are passed the 49 days left before sailing hence why we got our Edocs recently and were able to order luggage tags or print them out from our Set Sail and the tags are also in the Edocs.

I have the same, just studied my set sail pass and no luggage tags

The luggage tags wouldn't be with your set sail pass, they would be with your cruise documents. Those are a separate PDF download that is available starting 45-49 days before your cruise.

We are on the 11/2 Transatlantic, and our Sail Passes were simple one page pdf's, but the print yourself luggage tags are on page 11 of our e-Docs.

Do the tags look any different than the printable luggage tags for other ships? I'm wondering if I'd have to update my luggage tag rearranger program.

Do the tags look any different than the printable luggage tags for other ships? I'm wondering if I'd have to update my luggage tag rearranger program.

They look the same to me. I believe they will add RFID enabled tags at the terminal, which they should just pair to the paper tags.

Best wishes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Received my luggage tags today for the November 18th 3 nighter. Look like any old RCCL luggage tags except there was a small barcode on the tag. Don't remember having the barcode on previous tags. I thought we would be getting RFID luggage tags so you could track your luggage using their "new" Royal IQ app (which isn't available yet), but don't see or feel anything that would provide the RFID signal. Probably won't need the tags anyway as will be doing a carry-on for just 3 nites.

Received my luggage tags today for the November 18th 3 nighter. Look like any old RCCL luggage tags except there was a small barcode on the tag. Don't remember having the barcode on previous tags. I thought we would be getting RFID luggage tags so you could track your luggage using their "new" Royal IQ app (which isn't available yet), but don't see or feel anything that would provide the RFID signal. Probably won't need the tags anyway as will be doing a carry-on for just 3 nites.

I think the porters will attach the RFID tag.

They look the same to me. I believe they will add RFID enabled tags at the terminal, which they should just pair to the paper tags.

Best wishes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It does say on some of the paperwork to please add the paper luggage tags before getting to the port and then the porters will attach the RFID tags when you hand over your luggage.

With the new barcode on the paper luggage tags I expect this will make the job of puting on the RFID tags quicker and probably easier for the porters.