Your favourite fashion, beauty and cruise blogs?

Cshgrand

I've started to use an app to follow blogs in an attempt to give up buying crazily expensive glossy mags which are actually just full of adverts. It's working so far but would appreciate your recommendations on any good fashion, beauty or cruise blogs you enjoy to add to my app.

Thanks!

You are right about mags...biggest rip-off in history! No blogs, no apps....just go with your gut. Unless you're a model, the stuff in mags, online, tv, etc...will not work for the average woman in her daily life. Feel good, and you'll look just fine.

Edited by cb at sea

The fashion blog I read most often is Stitch Fix (online stylist company that sends you boxes of clothes once a month --- like Christmas for the clothing obsessed). The thing I like about Stitch Fix is that they show you how to style in real life. A lot of people who use this service post their "fixes" on Pinterest, and they show the clothes (good and bad) added to clothes from their own closet. I find that this helps me to see how I can incorporate new stuff with what I already own.

http://blog.stitchfix.com/

I don't know how old you are, but I read this blog the other day and bookmarked it. I'm not 60, but some of the tips made sense to me.

http://sixtyandme.com/fashion-for-older-women-the-one-mistake-we-make-with-belts/

I follow Ming Wang on twitter @mingwangknits and they often have some good links to fashion blogs.

Here's another blog I look at from time to time: http://www.whowhatwear.com/fashion-for-women-over-30-40-50-60/

You might want to go to Wordpress or Blogger and type in some search terms to find specifics.

Edited by JanineM

Oh my goodness! Stitch Fix! Brilliant idea. I am in the UK and had never heard of this, in fact I only discovered subscription boxes at all this week from reading a blog. I have a US address but it would take ages to get these parcels forwarded on.

I'm in my 30s - read the article on whowhatwear too and was so amused I had to forward it to my friends. I have a hard five years of work to tick off all the things they say I should be able to do before I'm 40!

Great info, thank you JanineM!

Oh my goodness! Stitch Fix! Brilliant idea. I am in the UK and had never heard of this, in fact I only discovered subscription boxes at all this week from reading a blog. I have a US address but it would take ages to get these parcels forwarded on.

I'm in my 30s - read the article on whowhatwear too and was so amused I had to forward it to my friends. I have a hard five years of work to tick off all the things they say I should be able to do before I'm 40!

Great info, thank you JanineM!

Yeah, Stitch Fix wouldn't work for you as the boxes have to be returned in 3 days :). Even if you can't get their boxes, the website does have good ideas!

It's amazing what you can learn from some of these blogs. Last week I read that one way you can tell if a clothing item is cheap is by the width of the sleeve at the cuff. Better quality jackets have narrower arms. Easy to fix myself ;)

One of my favorites is Lady Light Travel - great content, but sometimes the posts aren't super frequent. Her target demo is more 25-35, but doesn't mean we can't all learn something :)

Newest post is particularly helpful, called "Fashionable travel clothing exists! Here's how to find it". This post has lots of good methods that we can all use, as well as a bunch of websites mentioned.

One of my favorites is Lady Light Travel - great content, but sometimes the posts aren't super frequent. Her target demo is more 25-35, but doesn't mean we can't all learn something :)

Newest post is particularly helpful, called "Fashionable travel clothing exists! Here's how to find it". This post has lots of good methods that we can all use, as well as a bunch of websites mentioned.

I also like what she has links to, such as:

http://ladylighttravel.com/2014/09/22/a-lovely-capsule-wardrobe-video-from-inside-out-style/

and the Vivienne Files.

Even though her target demo seems to be 25-35, her ideas are concise and will work for everyone.

Edited by SadieN

I love the blog puttingmetogether.com she shows how she works her wardrobe in different ways with belts, accessories, etc. She will show before and after photos of how just tucking in a shirt or untucking it and adding a belt can change the look. Links to clothes she uses if you want to buy that specific item and she shows you other low priced items that have a similar cut and color. She is a down to earth gal, check it out!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Forums mobile app