Princess ok for Solo or all couples here

koss78b2

I've cruised solo on Princess several times. I have to say I'm not super social and don't pursue looking for other solo's, so take with what I say with a grain of salt. I love Princess and really enjoy cruising solo with them. Most cruises I've been on haven't had a ton of solo cruisers. Most people are couples or groups of friends. I have met some really wonderful people and still keep in touch with some. Most often people are warm and welcoming. I enjoy being alone on the ship and don't need to meet people to hang out with in order to have fun. I'm good alone. I do find being part of the roll call is a big plus and I've met nice people that way. I choose anytime dining, but most often I eat by myself in the buffet just because I don't like spending a lot of time in the MDR. I love the quiet time. I read, watch movies, watch the ocean, etc. I love it.

I've done a lot of solo cruises on Princess and just love them. Most of your fellow passengers are just straight up nice people. Personally I enjoy anytime dining for dinner I ask to share and have meet some interesting people; but traditional dining offers the experience of really getting to know people - both are great options.

I will say one thing - don't go to the single events expecting to meet prince charming - go expecting the free champagne and you won't be disappointed. I've only been to one where there was a male...and he brought a date

Whoever posted to bring a book - especially if you are dining alone - easiest way to save your place when you are at the buffet :)

Relax - you'll have fun...I always do

I've done a lot of solo cruises on Princess and just love them. Most of your fellow passengers are just straight up nice people. Personally I enjoy anytime dining for dinner I ask to share and have meet some interesting people; but traditional dining offers the experience of really getting to know people - both are great options.

I will say one thing - don't go to the single events expecting to meet prince charming - go expecting the free champagne and you won't be disappointed. I've only been to one where there was a male...and he brought a date

Whoever posted to bring a book - especially if you are dining alone - easiest way to save your place when you are at the buffet :)

Relax - you'll have fun...I always do

Did he miss the point of a singles gathering?:confused:

I've travelled solo on a number of cruise lines and always enjoyed the trips. I would recommend anytime dining. On two of the last three cruises I've met solo travellers who found themselves alone or with a few other people at a large table most nights with traditional. This is more likely on port intensive cruises.

Give solo cruising a try. People are generally friendly and open to meeting others

• 2 weeks later...
Princess seems to be good for solo, families, and couples - both heterosexual and same sex. Don't expect water slides, rock climbing walls, garish colors, drunks, etc. If you just want a nice, relaxing cruise then Princess may well be for you.

Sounds great! I've travelled solo on a couple of different lines and will be trying out Princess this coming spring for the first time. I'm looking for nice relaxing cruise - sounds like I may have made a good choice!

We always dine with anytime and meet the best solo cruisers at our tables. Met a youth minister on one and ended up enjoying his company at many meals. On another we met the stodgiest old man on our last night who thought nothing had gone right for him the entire cruise. Never mind that most of it was because he didn't bring his cane along with him on the cruise. He had been seated with another solo passenger most evenings and that man was upset by the last night because all he heard was this old gentleman's complaints! So, if you do get seated next to someone you don't get along with the first night and you see that you are being directed again to that person, tell your waiter that you would like to be moved to another location. We have used the reason of 'having already enjoyed their company and would like to meet new people!

Our last solo cruisers were in the same room but traveling 'solo.' They were both in their late 80's, from England, he had one leg, she was using a walker. They had been given the okay to go on this trip together by his girlfriend! They were darling! Enjoyed our meal with them immensely!

I am sure you will enjoy traveling as a solo and will be well accepted! Enjoy!

I've cruised solo 15 times. This is what works for me...

1) be an extrovert. Talk to everyone...be open & friendly.

2) play games ...trivia, karaoke and so on.

3) volunteer for any tomfoolery in order to be seen.

4) ask for a large table at dinner...refuse to dine solo

5) ship's shore tours beat solo shore activities.

The point is that if a shy solo traveler gets on a ship with 3000 others they could be lost in the crowd if they don't take the initiative.

Edited by Thoth

We have used the reason of 'having already enjoyed their company and would like to meet new people,

I must remember this phrase, love it.

I love this phrase, too. Thanks.

And, to Thoth who says you have to be an extrovert or you'll get lost in the crowd: Maybe some people like to get lost in the crowd. LOL. That's the beauty of solo cruising. You can do whatever you want when you want and no one is there to be disappointed by your choices.

And, to Thoth who says you have to be an extrovert or you'll get lost in the crowd: Maybe some people like to get lost in the crowd. LOL. That's the beauty of solo cruising. You can do whatever you want when you want and no one is there to be disappointed by your choices.

Exactly! All I want is good, impersonal service. I don't want to make friends with the crew. And except for at trivia, where I can hope to answer a question or two, I'm OK with being lost in the crowd. Or simply lost, I'm not much on crowds either.

LOL! So true! This is where you see the difference between extroverts and introverts. Too funny. As an introvert I have no need to try to be extroverted to avoid getting lost in the crowd. While I do enjoy one-on-one conversations with people sitting nearby, I also like to disappear for awhile so I can enjoy some alone time.

when traveling solo....it's your vacation and you get to; Talk when you want, read when you want, sleep when you want, eat when you want and, yes I'm saying it, drink when you want (hey you aren't driving!)

Love my solo trips :) and the double points for single supplement means that 2 more trips and I'm elite!!!!

Exactly! All I want is good, impersonal service. I don't want to make friends with the crew. And except for at trivia, where I can hope to answer a question or two, I'm OK with being lost in the crowd. Or simply lost, I'm not much on crowds either.

Sounds like a winner to me!

Edited by Treven