The best Kindle travel books for Australia and New Zealand?

Plant

I've looked on Amazon for travel guides, and I don't really find anything helpful :confused:. There are several books, but they have bad rating's. Any opinion's would be very helpful :)!

Thank you,

Part of the problem is you really need regional or city guides to get the details. Where are you visiting?

We'll be in Sydney for 4 days and Brisbane for two and a half. We're going to the Zoo in Brisbane, so that's pretty much taken care of.

Sydney is still "up in the air"!

Bill Bryson's "Down Under"

Superbly written narrative.

Thanks, I'll look for the book :)! Is this it?: http://www.amazon.com/Sunburned-Country-Bill-Bryson-ebook/dp/B000Q9ISSQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1395278619&sr=1-1&keywords=down+under+bill+bryson

Thanks again,

Agree with bucchalm: Bryson's book "Down Under" is excellent. I actually purchased it while in Australia and wish I had gotten it before the trip. It is a quick, fascinating read. However, if you are not familiar with his writing you should know that it is not the typical travel guide. It is roughly equal parts history, science, personal experiences/relationships and general information about the places he writes about.

I like the DK Eyewitness Guides. The one for New Zealand is here:

http://www.amazon.com/DK-Eyewitness-Travel-Guide-Zealand/dp/1409329011/ref=dp_ob_title_bk

Many people find Bill Bryson's book about Australia, "Down Under" aka "In a Sunburned Country", an amusing travelogue but I know from having actually lived in Australia that his descriptions of several of the places he visited are both superficial and factually incorrect. So, understandably, I wasn't crazy about the book.

If you want a real travel guide for Australia, I would recommend the following three books: 1) Lonely Planet, 2) Rough Guide and 3) Eyewitness Guide. If these are not available on Kindle, you will just have to go "old school" and buy them at a bookstore or check them out from your local library.

If you know which states you will be visiting, e.g. New South Wales or Queensland, I recommend getting the specific regional guide for that state. Lonely Planet publishes regional guides in Australia and they are excellent--full of information you are unlikely to find in other guide books.

Edited by GradUT