Celebrity website frustrations - UGH!

StartrainDD

I've read a number of threads over the past months (year?) about Celebrity's horrendous website. For some reason, it never really affected us. I was still able to research potential cruises, get an idea of pricing, etc.

Well, now it has and is affecting us, and so I join the chorus of dismayed cruisers. Since booking our upcoming Reflection cruise we have been unable to register for a connections party. No one on our roll call has been able to. Okay, that's not a major that will "Ruin our cruise," but it sure is annoying!

We receive e-mails from Celebrity almost every day. Their e-mail servers apparently work much better than the website!:eek: Today's is titled "Explore your ship before you set sail." I'm sure many have seen this e-mail if you have cruises booked. It is a great e-mail; it almost makes me want to pay extra for the specialty restaurants. The links in the e-mail work. But once there, if you try to "Log in," to access your reservation or perhaps actually book something, the little circle just goes round and round forever.

I often have thought the company I work for (a much smaller company than RCCL!) had a horrible website. Ours is majestic compared to Celebrities. As a premium line of RCCL, the line with "Quantum" and all the new technologies onboard, you would think they could get their website right.

We've cruised with HAL three times this year and pre-purchased items for each cruise on-line with no hassle and entirely trouble-free. Celebrity needs to up their game here.

Well, thanks for reading and letting me get this frustration out there!

Hi there,

We are aware of this issue, and are hoping that we have it fixed soon. Apologies that we can't provide any additional information at this time.

Are you aware of how many times and how months you have said this???

Why don't you ask the IT department to post on this website as to WHY

nothing can be fixed and have them read all the negative comments

about your website!!!!!

I used to belong to the club that thought it was operator error on the customer's part as I never had any issues. It seems that lately I've had nothing but problems. Perhaps in their efforts to fix it they are only making it worse.

IT TRULY IS A MESS!

Hi there,

We are aware of this issue, and are hoping that we have it fixed soon. Apologies that we can't provide any additional information at this time.

You were aware of the issue and hoping to have it "fixed soon" weeks ago.

You couldn't provide any information weeks ago either.

It's affecting MANY, MANY people - some of whom are first time Celebrity cruisers, and have never experienced ANYTHING like this before on any other cruise line.

Thank you for the response, Celebrity.

Perhaps you could relay to your marketing group that at this point, if I was considering two cruises, one on "X" and one on HAL, with all else being equal I would choose HAL.

Celebrity is usually so great once on-board, but the cruise planning goes on over a much longer period of time than the actual cruise. A reliable, accurate, and easy to navigate website is a necessity today.

I too have been having problems for a few weeks. Celebrity has a promotion on until Nov 30th to book Shore Excursions and get an onboard credit. I have given up - can't even view the excursions with the circle going round and round!

Try using a different search engine. It worked for me. I had the same issue not being able to view excursions for three weeks. Then I tried Google Chrome instead of Google and it worked a treat.:)