Hotel Smeraldo need another option

CruizinCupcake

We are looking for a hotel in Rome City Center and were going to book Hotel Smeraldo, but when I went to book it this morning they are sold out for our October 12 - 14 dates. I have been looking at threads until my head is spinning. Can someone recommend another option?

Thanks,

Teresa

Have you tried contacting the hotel directly? I know they aren't large and they do sell out, but sometimes they may hold back a room or two from online inventory.

I don't really know of any other similarly-priced hotels in Piazza Navona area. You could try Hotel Santa Chiara or Albergo Cesari (both near the Pantheon), or Hotel Nerva (near the Forum/Colosseum). They are all well liked and well located but may not be as budget friendly as the Smeraldo.

We stayed nearby at Relais Teatro Argentina, great location and spacious rooms and baths. Just the most basic services, it's just 6 rooms, and the owners are not there all the time, but it was perfect for us. Breakfast was brought in every morning to eat in your room or on the little terrace. There is no lift, it's on the 2nd floor, but they will carry your luggage up and down for you, they wheeled ours right to the cab stand so we could get to the train station.

If you don't require a lot of handholding, it's a great spot--5-10 minutes to all major attractions, a bit longer to the Vatican but definitely walkable.

We are looking for a hotel in Rome City Center and were going to book Hotel Smeraldo, but when I went to book it this morning they are sold out for our October 12 - 14 dates. I have been looking at threads until my head is spinning. Can someone recommend another option?

Thanks,

Teresa

I just looked with your dates and there are all kinds of rooms available. Was on there website looking at Oct 12-14-2015. Not sure what happened. Larry

• 1 month later...

We stayed at Smeraldo 3 years ago. Found it to be nice but there is a bar across the alley which stays open VERY late. Noisy. Mostly a good stay.

We will also be in Rome October but a couple of weeks later. We decided on a B & B near Piazza Navona. I tiny bit more I think but seems great. Highly rated on Booking dot com. 9.5. Nice people. Breakfast in room. And just as good a location as Smeraldo.

Mynavona. Just use the dot com after. Unfortunately, I can't give a personal just yet. But I am hopeful:rolleyes:

We considering the Hotel Navano or the Albergo Ceaser. The Navano is only two stars but seems to be in a better location.

Has anyone stayed at either place?

Assuming you mean the Albergo Cesari, we stayed there a little over a month ago. We'd stay there again; you can't beat the location. I posted more specific thoughts on the following thread; also, if you do a search in this forum for "cesari," you'll find other threads discussing this hotel.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2119713&highlight=cesari