Spirit airline reviews

spintowin

Not that I have heard. Of course there is always an exception! :cool:

They really are not a good choice for cruises, despite their alleged low price, which then tacks on all the extra fees including carry on luggage.

If they have a "mechanical" or "weather" issue, you are toast, as no other airline will take you.

Okay, now watch as the great reviews come, but listen to what I stated above!

Edited by loubetti

My sister and mother use them because they live in South Jersey and they are closer to Atlantic City than Newark or Philadelphia. They charge you for everything.

As Lou said above, other airlines to not cooperate with them. So if you get stuck, you're on your own.

I can't see any great reviews coming, Lou.

They pissed me off once. I don't remember why, but I would never book with them again. And I yell at my relatives for using them, lol.

Edited by marci22

Thanks y'all for vindicating my comments! I just figured there might be someone who might think that they are the be all and end all! :eek:

I wouldn't touch them with a 10' aileron! (That's a part of a plane)

Sorry to be the one person here that likes Spirit. I have flown them a few times in and out of AC. Easy check in, planes always on time. Yes they charge for everything but look around - most major airlines are now nickel and dimeing almost as much. Plus the big front seat can be reasonably priced on some routes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have used Spirit many times. If you are fully aware of what you're getting, it's not that bad. If you like luxury and service, it's definitely not for you. We have traveled from Dallas to New York and Florida for much cheaper than using any other airline, even with the baggage fees. We joined their "club" in order to get the better deals. Some planes have really worn seats, and some have seemed brand new. But all of them are tight spaces. I check in ahead of time and print out my boarding passes, allowing me to do the fast check in. The flights themselves are great.

Friends don't let friends fly Spirit ;)

I had a co-worker who started out as a FA for Spirit. She very soon thereafter put in her applications to be a FA anywhere else; she now happily flies for Alaska, even though it meant uprooting her family from Florida...

Edited by slidergirl

It's kind of like a public bus with wings. But as someone mentioned before, awareness of what to expect helps.

Several years ago myself and a group of friends sailed on Carnival Triumph. I had to work up until the last minute so 4 out of 6 drove to Florida from NJ for a pre cruise vacation. Myself and another friend flew down day of on Spirit, and we became victims of the mechanical problems others mentioned. We sat in that awful terminal for several hours, nearly reaching the theoretical point of no return, until we were finally able to get off the ground.

We made it in time but we were one of the last to board. Worst part was as the only seasoned traveler of the group, this entire time I was in possession of the cruise documents for all 6 passengers 😨

Edited by Jocko97

Worst part was as the only seasoned traveler of the group, this entire time I was in possession of the cruise documents for all 6 passengers 😨

Assuming you mean the check in documents from the cruise line, and not everyone's passports/Id's/BC's, they still could have checked in, it just would have taken a bit longer.

My husband refers to them as "Crush My" Spirit Airlines. Although we have never been delayed or had any problems, you are crammed in like Sardines. I'm not even 5' and my legs almost hit the sit in front of me:eek:

• 4 weeks later...
My husband refers to them as "Crush My" Spirit Airlines. Although we have never been delayed or had any problems, you are crammed in like Sardines. I'm not even 5' and my legs almost hit the sit in front of me:eek:

I agree..it's tight...hadn't flown in 24 yrs...had NO IDEA what to expect...flew from Detroit to NYC...you're up...you're down...short flights are ok...then once for a cruise to FLL which was jammed but ok...I wouldn't fly to the North Pole on them thats for sure...my sister in law flew to Cancun out of Detroit

..that would have even been a little long for me...won't be flying them anymore moving to Knoxville next month and they are nowhere around. ..

Had a friend that was stranded for 4 days before they could fly him home. Original flight was cancelled due to weather (inbound flight never arrived) and they said they could not accommodate him on another flight for 4 days.

FWIW

Doesn't surprise me. Spirit flies a lot of leisure routes on which they don't necessarily offer daily service. So for example, if you book a Spirit fight to XXX, it might be that they only fly that route on Saturdays and Wednesdays. Something happens to your Saturday flight? Wednesday would literally be the earliest they could accommodate you.... IF that flight has empty seats.