Celebrity - where do we dock in Salerno

budamom

It's close to the location depicted on this map:

http://www.whatsinport.com/Salerno.htm

Last year the port offered a free shuttle from cruise dock to just outside port entrance. From there it's about a 3 minute walk to Molo Manfredi, where the ferry departs for Positano. Ferries typically depart for Positano at 0820 and 0840, but check the schedule on your day of arrival:

http://www.travelmar.it/en/index

We rode the ferry to Amalfi this way last year, but we returned from Amalfi on a ferry that terminated at Salerno Concordia, rather than Salerno Manfredi, due to the ferry schedules and ship's departure time. We walked from Salerno Concordia back to the port shuttle drop off/pick up location.

• 9 months later...

There are ferries from both Molo Manfredi and Concordia. The walking distance from the exit of the port (Manfredi) to Concordia is one and a third miles. Depending on how quickly you walk that could be anywhere from 15 - 45 minutes. I suspect that most people cover it in about a half hour.

Epixx, we will be in Salerno in May 2016 and want to take the ferry to Amalfi which departs from Concordia. How long did the walk take you from the port entrance to Concordia?

Are you on the May 9th sailing?

When we sailed X before, they docked in Naoles. I wonder why they changed to Salerno.

Epixx, we will be in Salerno in May 2016 and want to take the ferry to Amalfi which departs from Concordia. How long did the walk take you from the port entrance to Concordia?

There is also a SITA bus that will pick you up in front of the Salerno train station that will take you to Amalfi. You buy the ticket inside the train station. The ticket is good for the return trip, also. (At least the one we bought was. Be sure to check.) The train station is only about two blocks back from the waterfront. There is also a bus that will take you up to Ravella , from Amalfi, if you have time.

BudaMom.....I live in Bastrop! :)

Edited by browneyes7

There is also a SITA bus that will pick you up in front of the Salerno train station that will take you to Amalfi.

The SITA bus stop is no longer in front of the train station. It was moved last summer (July 2015) a block toward the water, it is now on Corso Giuseppe Garibaldi near the intersection of Via Barrella.

http://www.salernonotizie.it/2015/07/23/salerno-nuova-fermata-sita-per-amalfi-senza-servizi-disagi-per-turisti/

The SITA bus stop is no longer in front of the train station. It was moved last summer (July 2015) a block toward the water, it is now on Corso Giuseppe Garibaldi near the intersection of Via Barrella.

http://www.salernonotizie.it/2015/07/23/salerno-nuova-fermata-sita-per-amalfi-senza-servizi-disagi-per-turisti/

Thanks for the info, euro cruiser. We were last there in 2013. :)

It's hard to keep up with everything that changes; that's one of the real benefits of this message board, all of the recent experience that people share.

I'm always a little startled when I return to a place and it doesn't look exactly like it did the last time I was there, it takes a minute to adjust to the new reality.

• 8 months later...

I know this thread is from the first of the year but does anyone know if the new pier and terminal have opened in Salerno yet and if so, are Celebrity ships currently docking there. We'll be there on Equinox on 10/20 and can't find a definitive answer about where we'll be docked, if a shuttle is required, etc.

Thx!

I know this thread is from the first of the year but does anyone know if the new pier and terminal have opened in Salerno yet and if so, are Celebrity ships currently docking there. We'll be there on Equinox on 10/20 and can't find a definitive answer about where we'll be docked, if a shuttle is required, etc.

Thx!

We were in Salerno in April on the Constellation. The dock is part of a working port and one had to take a shuttle out into the town

Thx!

We were in Salerno in June this year. I asked about the new terminal and was told they won't start docking there until some time next year. You'll be docked at the large industrial port on the outskirts of town and they will put you on a free shuttle into town.

Edited by Bobal

You are correct - I was in contact with a gentleman from the Salerno Port Authority yesterday who confirmed that we will still dock at the industrial port next month and take a shuttle from the ship to the city center which will drop us directly in front of Bar 089 which looks to be a café. He also said the shuttles run approximately every 20 minutes.

Edited by zelker

You are correct - I was in contact with a gentleman from the Salerno Port Authority yesterday who confirmed that we will still dock at the industrial port next month and take a shuttle from the ship to the city center which will drop us directly in front of Bar 089 which looks to be a café. He also said the shuttles run approximately every 20 minutes.

I am assuming that they would drop you at the port gate as well? Supposed to meet up with a friend there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums