Loud and Long morning announcements on Harmony in many languages.

grinthock

When I first started cruising, we had volume adjustments to mute the announcements.

On harmony the captain is long winded, which means the translations are long winded and this cruise seems to be 4-6 languages per day. Over 15 minutes later, it ended and now my head is pounding, there was no escape, all areas, all staterooms.

There has to be a better way. I can appreciate not everyone speaks English, and I'm sure I'll get some great comments calling me rude, racist and "deal with it princess" - but after 4 days on board - with every announcement in 4-6 languages constantly it is annoying. The ship staff need to at least realize it has to be translated And be brief.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One thing I loved about sailing Harmony in the Med was the wide variety of people and languages spoken! Every day, we heard 10 to 12 different languages being spoken in elevators, dining rooms, etc. We made it a game to see how many different languages we heard each day! So - it was a seriously multicultural experience.

My daughter, however, did complain about the points you mentioned. The captain and cruise director are both very chatty and I don't see why anything other than safety announcements need to be broadcast into the rooms and all public areas.

We had a few announcements that came through to the staterooms on Anthem but all but one were giving information about Hermine and when things should be improving. One, however, came after 10pm one night, telling people there was a headliner show starting soon in the theater. Why Abe decided to put that through to the cabin at that hour, I have no idea, maybe the theater was empty.

I don't remember announcements in the cabins on my most recent cruises on Oasis and Allure. I recall having to open the cabin door to listen in the hallway if I wanted to hear the message. I wonder if something has changed? I hope not...we are not early risers, as we tend to stay on West Coast time when we cruise.