Jolly Pirates appropriate for kids? Or Booze cruise....9-1 tour

Familycruisers20

The tour looks fun, but I am worried it will be a bit rowdy for my 7rd old and 13 yr old. Thoughts?

We did their sunset cruise 2 weeks ago & there were a couple of younger kids on the sailing ... If your kids are strong swimmers, they would likely enjoy the rope swing and they do have soda for them to drink. The crew is lively but does not get rowdy so it would really depend on the customers on board with you.

Our group had a good time but no one got out of hand but most everyone was pretty buzzed ... except for the crew and the kids ... :)

The tour looks fun, but I am worried it will be a bit rowdy for my 7rd old and 13 yr old. Thoughts?

My DW and I went on the lunch/2 location snorkle excursion about 3 yrs ago. It was the same price as the shorter, no lunch excursion sold by RCCL. I saw plenty of kids and families, no one really plastered. You can't drink until after the snorkeling is over. Lunch and drinks were served only on the way back to the dock and not for long enough, in my opinion. :D

We just went in March with our 10 and 14 year old kids. Fine for kids and a lot of fun! We saw nothing inappropriate. Just good fun. Kids liked the rope swing. I recommend this excursion!

Upcoming:

Jewel of the Seas March 2016

Harmony of the Seas March 2017

• 1 month later...

We just returned from our cruise having done the 9-1 tour with Jolly Pirates. It was the best excursion of our trip. We were with our 19 and 13-YO sons. While there were some people who probably did a bit too much of the rum punch, I really didn't see anything inappropriate for kids - just a lot of people having a good time.

We just returned from our cruise having done the 9-1 tour with Jolly Pirates. It was the best excursion of our trip. We were with our 19 and 13-YO sons. While there were some people who probably did a bit too much of the rum punch, I really didn't see anything inappropriate for kids - just a lot of people having a good time.

Great, thanks. I have a 13 yr old that loves to snorkel and dive down and look around, but I have a 7 yr old that would prefer to swim and not use the snorkel. Is there opportunity for her to do that? was the water super rough where you stopped?

Thanks!

Great, thanks. I have a 13 yr old that loves to snorkel and dive down and look around, but I have a 7 yr old that would prefer to swim and not use the snorkel. Is there opportunity for her to do that? was the water super rough where you stopped?

Thanks!

Jolly Pirates does three stops. The first, the wreck of the German ship Antilla, is 60 feet deep and can be rough. We opted not to try. The other two stops are shallower (12-14 feet) and calm. I think if your 7 YO wants to just swim she'll be fine. They do have inflatable life jackets available if needed.