wanting interconnecting rooms and advice

raktis

Hi,

We are a family of 4, H and W, 17yr old daughter and 10 yr old son.

Looking at doing a cruise from Sydney Aus to New zealand round trip or Sth Pacific round trip.

Can anyone recommend the best cruiselines for kids, how I'd go about booking an interconnecting room? (hubby and I would like a lil privacy at night ;) and any other helpful advice? Thanks:)

You can check the major cruise lines web sites to find itineraries and then check the ship layouts to find connecting cabins. It'll probably mean booking fairly early to make sure you find cabins in the area you want.

As for kids al lot depends on what they like to do, if they expect to be entertained every minute of the day, etc. Most ships have a kids club of some kind.

Welcome to the great world of cruising - it's a great way to travel.

at that age you can just as easily choose two adjoining cabins or even ones across the hall from each other( balcony for you, inside for them). any of the mainstream lines' larger/newer ships will have plenty to do for the whole family.

Royal caribbean has some cabins called Promenade view. some of these connect. you get a picture window with seat that looks out of the interior Promenade of the ship( where are the shops are plus some the entertainment)

There is a forum here for OZ/Kiwi cruisers and folks there would be most familiar with the ships sailing those waters. They might be able to help out with features and cabins. I will say that Celebrity Solstice has balcony cabins that connect with a hallway vestibule rather than a door in the wall. EM

at that age you can just as easily choose two adjoining cabins or even ones across the hall from each other( balcony for you, inside for them). any of the mainstream lines' larger/newer ships will have plenty to do for the whole family.

Royal caribbean has some cabins called Promenade view. some of these connect. you get a picture window with seat that looks out of the interior Promenade of the ship( where are the shops are plus some the entertainment)

We had interconnecting Promenade rooms during a Mediterranean cruise three years ago and we loved the space, and the view. However, they were not available when I first booked the two rooms. Quite a few interconnecting rooms showed up about a month before sailing. I do not know if this is the case with all cruises but it was our experience. I checked the rooms/rates almost every day until they finally showed up.

I highly suggest Royal Caribbean as they have so much for all ages, from 2 years to 92!! All their ships have connecting cabins, and as spookwife said, since they are a little older you could always do rooms across the hall as well. You may want to use a travel agent as they can give you all your different options. You will need to book an adult in each cabin, but once you are on board it doesn't matter who sleeps in which room ☺

In my limited experience (and this may depend upon line), booking connected rooms online is difficult (in fact books rooms next to each other online is difficult). If you experience a similar issue, calling the cruise line or working with a travel agent might make that process easier.

dctravel

To find interconnecting rooms, look at the ship deck plans on any cruise line website or most of the major other booking sites. For each deck there will be a legend which shows cabin categories as well as features (which sleep extra people, which are interconnecting, which are accessible, etc.) Interconnecting cabins usually have a small line linking the cabins.

Edited by Kartgv