Pillow concierge question

nuekruizer

For many years we have packed our home pillows: never found any to compare on any ship.

When the cases are fully packed we place the pillows on top and close the case. Always works and stabilises the case contents because the gap at the top is filled.

I don't charge for information like this.

David.

When the cases are fully packed we place the pillows on top and close the case. Always works and stabilises the case contents because the gap at the top is filled.
I find a pillow stops the kitchen sink from moving about... ;) :rolleyes: :D

So what are these "9" different types of pillows available on QM2.? I usually cant bear to be without my goose feather pillow.
Hi nuekruizer,

I've been checking my records and paperwork from previous trips, and cannot find a list of the "9" different pillows available, sorry. I do know however, from personal experience, that alternatives are available from the room steward if you find the cabin pillow uncomfortable. Just ask.

Hope this helps :) .

Edited by pepperrn

Here's a link to the pillow menu:

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/fleet/pillow_choice

Bon voyage!

I read it and found the following statement:

There are nine pillows on offer to Cunard passengers in Queens Grill, Princess Grill and Britannia Club Suites / Staterooms.

It's strange that they listed them all instead of just saying 'Anyone can change their pillow.' :rolleyes:

I read it and found the following statement:

There are nine pillows on offer to Cunard passengers in Queens Grill, Princess Grill and Britannia Club Suites / Staterooms.

It's strange that they listed them all instead of just saying 'Anyone can change their pillow.' :rolleyes:

Maybe because they didn't list them all, you only get the pillow menu in the Grills and Britannia Club !

Everyone else gets "hollow fibre construction".

Edited by hattie the cattie

dont no bout the rest of the hommie here butt................just when you thought you heard it all..............................comes dis thread:eek:

You ain't nearly heard it all yet brud. Watch this space.

David.

I find a pillow stops the kitchen sink from moving about... ;) :rolleyes: :D

Not recommended in the kitchen, no. Fire hazard and risk of (wine) gravy stains.

However, handy for controlling artificial rolleyes which can be difficult to control by novices.

David.

Maybe because they didn't list them all, you only get the pillow menu in the Grills and Britannia Club !

Everyone else gets "hollow fibre construction".

Hattie, I read it the same way as you at first, but after a few readings I decided that Britannia Club Suites / Staterooms must mean Britannia Club Suites and Britannia staterooms (i.e. the rowers). I don't think that Britannia Club is divided into separate grades. Whichever, it's not well written, is it?

I read it mean that the Queens & Princess Grill were suites and that Britannia Grill are Staterooms.

I'll be in an ordinary Britannia cabin soon enough so I'll check.

Yes, that's another way of reading it. Bad writing!

I will be very interested to hear what you find out. :D

In my experience there is no choice of pillows in 'normal' Britannia. However, I always have a problem with their pillows (they are too soft for me) so I ask our steward if there are any harder pillows available and one is nearly always found for me.

Unfortunately it backfired on the cruise we got off last week - we were given a couple of real boulders! They were so hard and fat we could barely balance our heads on them! In the end we had to ask for them to be taken away again. Maybe I will have to bring my lovely pillow from home for our next cruise.

There is a "pillow concierge" for Grills & BC only. However, I will say this...I have always found this to be marketing baloney. When we went to go get feather pillows a few weeks ago, we asked the concierge for the menu...she didn't have one but searched every drawer. We asked the butler for down pillows and one was brought but he seemed to be a bit confused. Not wanting to scare him, I didn't ask for a menu of pillows.

We always joke that the pillow concierge is some elusive joke which Cunard uses for marketing grills. It's fine. I am sure there is a pillow menu in some of the QG suites, but each time we are on board, someone seems to have stolen it out of our suite. I guess it makes a nice souvenir to show off.

If you are particular, bring your own.