All of us has days where we get by even eating that sweet

Know we can't do that everyday have to eat healthy and be wise

So we eat right and do our exercises and we will go down in size

So wishing a Good Thursday as you step on the scale

So you have something good to tell

Edited by Belle

HI all!

Belle ~ nice ditty as usual.:D

We're just home from 11 days on the road to PEI & back so lots of good eating = 1.4 lb gain, setting a new high.:( Too bad my weight wasn't a stock, lol!

Jan ~ I saw that you're going to Seattle. My Alaska cruise last year started there so we went in 2 days early & stayed at Sleep Inn which was very affordable, included breakfast, had a Denny's in the parking lot, also had a shuttle to restaurants & the overhead train to downtown nearby.

We took a Northwest Tour bus to see the sights then went back to the Pike Place Market & the lovely Chihuly Glass museum the next day. We didn't bother with the Space Needle as ours in Toronto is higher but did go on the ferris wheel.

Hope all had a good week & are getting smaller.;)

Take care.

~ Jo ~ :)

Weather just teases us here - 100's like usual, but today only 95 or so! Then back to 105 for the weekend. At least it's finally getting down to the high 80's by morning - when you wake up at 4AM and it's still 93, that just stinks...

Well apparently I'm on the right track - down 4lbs to 191 this morning.

A full week of hardly any processed foods whatsoever, zero soda intake (diet or regular), upping the fiber closer to what it should be, and keeping an eye on all refined sugars. No more caffeine withdrawal headaches so that's great!

Upgraded to the Fitbit with the heart rate monitor ('cause I'm a technology geek and it was on sale - I HAD TO DO IT!!!). Like I said, when you look at your wrist and this things telling you to walk around the building YA' SLACKER! - very motivating.

Amazed how much ground I cover at the mines - 5 miles yesterday - no wonder I'm pooped on the drive home...

I really think 180 is in the cards this time. Not trying to gain muscle so much but tone up and lose the gut (the last bastion of fat on me - and it's a sizable bastion :D) Less weight the joints and bones have to deal with, hopefully the longer they'll hold out. Once I hit goal, I'll have the occasional beer, piece of birthday cake, etc - but that'll be the exception, not the rule.

I don't see this as temporary - I think I'll be able to maintain this style of eating just because the little bit of effort to prep food at night for the following day - I have no excuses or temptations away from home. And at home and gatherings, I seem to be able to walk away from snack trays and beer. Couple apples throughout the day, lots of water, more fiber supplements - I think that's what's doing it.

Looking forward to the day I live close to Seattle - somewhere up there, as long as it's close to water. I stayed at the Edgewater once - pricey as I remember but being right on the water was worth it. I go to weird places though: Archie McPhee's, the Ballard Locks, REI HQ - stuff like that. Science Center is cool - they still have the bicycle thing?

0621A182.jpg

My retirement dream is to work for the cruise line up there checking in guests - seems easy, everybody is happy, it's seasonal, and only a few times a week - get a little cigar money and maybe a free cruise each year...

Thanks for the ideas Jo & Shootr - I checked out the Chihuly Glass museum and would love to go there - also not having seen the space needle before, we have to go there too. Also checking into the bus tour --- all great ideas.

Shootr - is that hotel within walking distance of Pike Place Market? the hotel looked very interesting (not as expensive as some were) -

Jo - I believe the Sleep Inn hotel was right near the airport? I'll have to check out the trains

So many interesting ideas! Thanks again - Jan

Hi all!

Congrats to all the losers!:D

shootr ~ that sounds like a sensible plan you have. I've got to get back on MFP & start doing some exercise again. DH gave me another "talk" as he's concerned about my weight gain & I am pre diabetic so should smarten up (my words, not his!).:o

Jan ~ yes the Sleep Inn is near the airport. The cost of the shuttle to the

cruise terminal from there was $12 for each of 8.

There's some sort of music museum right near the Space Needle too.

We went in for a w/c break on the bus tour but it looked pretty interesting if we had more time.

Have a nice weekend & a good week.

~ Jo ~ :)

YAY! Grandkids are here for Beric's 2nd birthday. We're watching cartoons until the sun comes up, then he'll help me clean before going to visit great grandpa at the hospital (A-Fib's this time, jeez...but they're getting a bead on it - he just gets frustrated nothing happens fast enough. Thought his sporadic weakness/shortness of breath was clogged plumbing, but angiogram came back clear - so at least now we know what was causing it)

Got up early yesterday, nostalgia or respect or whatever - I just know nobody else but the Marines bothered to get up for reveille - even though it is Marine Week here in Phoenix.

Gun off of the Missouri in Memorial Plaza at dawn:

04.jpg

State capitol and flags at half staff:

05.jpg

Looking forward to the "Grandkid Exercise Routine" this weekend!

Yes..think he liked the cake!

So glad your father is doing better.

Your doing so great on your eating

and drinking only water.

I didn't do as well (not bad..not good)

this weekend but didn't gain. Started with going

to a Memorial for a close friend.

Why do we think we can eat our emotions?

Doesn't work. Back to eating right.

Besides shootr hope everyone had a good weekend.

It was my husband's birthday so I watched everyone eat cake. It was easier than I thought it would be. I let my daughter decorate it, she is eight. It looked like a dog's breakfast so that may of helped me. I did have a glass of red wine though. Apart from that just water and tea for me.

She is obsessed with cake decorating. she is quickly learning that the execution is skilled art form and not as easy as the experts make it out to be! today is my 30 day anniversary of the start of my p90x. I lost 9 pounds in my first 30 days, 4 inches off my waist and 3 inches off my hips. 60 days to go and 143 until my cruise.

Steady 2+ pounds a week = awesome effort. I think I like the way my clothes feel looser more than what the scale says sometimes. If nothing else, my kilt fits much more comfortably these days!

My daughter is/was the same way - through experiments with icing, food coloring, and fondant - every occasion was an adventure.

fitbit%2Bdashboard.jpg

This is a screencap of the kind of feedback these Fitbit wrist bands provide. If you need someone to beat on you and keep you towing the line - these things will fit the bill. I was pretty lazy Sunday, and now it's giving me raspberries in the weekly recap to remind me :o. (Yesterday was unusual - jury duty - so wound up pacing and taking as many stairs as I could while I waited for them to not call on me...)