Half day sail and beach break

pilotsugar

I was wondering if anyone has taken this excursion from Celebrity. I was wondering how close to the beach that the catamaran anchors to let people off. Do you have to swim after you get off or is it shallow enough to walk. If you have taken this excursion, did you like it?

I was wondering if anyone has taken this excursion from Celebrity. I was wondering how close to the beach that the catamaran anchors to let people off. Do you have to swim after you get off or is it shallow enough to walk. If you have taken this excursion, did you like it?

Never taken the excursion but I have seen the catamaran docked at rainbow beach. It pulls up really close to the beach and drops a stair/ladder down between the hulls so you can walk on and off.

Thank you so much Drake. I don't swim, and if we did take the excursion I wanted to make sure I could walk off!!!

The description on the Royal Caribbean page for the same excursion also states they provide assistance as well as flotation devices for those who need it. Often they have swim noodles for you to use.

Have fun on the excursion and have a great cruise!

I took it a few years back.

It was nice and relaxing. We actually dodged a significant shower raining on the ship and town, as we were up off Sandy Point, watching the storm and staying dry.

We anchored out quite a ways @ Rainbow, but I recall the captain saying that far out was not typical. I cannot remember the reason, but I am sure it was for safety.

Swimming in was easy, you just float and go with the waves. After several cocktails, they did have crew available to tow you back out to the cat, if needed.

My main memory of the day was at the bar. The captain on the cat said they made a great Painkiller (a fav of mine), so I ordered one as soon as we got on shore.

I was served some nauseating tropical punch thing...the bar girls said "we use local Cruzan rum instead". It bore zero resemblance to a Painkiller.

I was horrified, one girl looked up Painkiller on her phone's bartender app and looked surprised, saying "wow, you are right".

Did it stop me from catching a beachside buzz on whatever it was they were pushing? Of course not.

But I did let the cat captain have it - explained the situation and recommended he NEVER recommend a Painkiller from that bar again.

Once you've been to the Soggy Dollar on JVD, nothing less than perfection in a Painkiller will do.

I know, more than you asked. You will enjoy the sail, the crew will help you if needed, but I would not call it "walk off".

I took it a few years back.

It was nice and relaxing. We actually dodged a significant shower raining on the ship and town, as we were up off Sandy Point, watching the storm and staying dry.

We anchored out quite a ways @ Rainbow, but I recall the captain saying that far out was not typical. I cannot remember the reason, but I am sure it was for safety.

Swimming in was easy, you just float and go with the waves. After several cocktails, they did have crew available to tow you back out to the cat, if needed.

My main memory of the day was at the bar. The captain on the cat said they made a great Painkiller (a fav of mine), so I ordered one as soon as we got on shore.

I was served some nauseating tropical punch thing...the bar girls said "we use local Cruzan rum instead". It bore zero resemblance to a Painkiller.

I was horrified, one girl looked up Painkiller on her phone's bartender app and looked surprised, saying "wow, you are right".

Did it stop me from catching a beachside buzz on whatever it was they were pushing? Of course not.

But I did let the cat captain have it - explained the situation and recommended he NEVER recommend a Painkiller from that bar again.

Once you've been to the Soggy Dollar on JVD, nothing less than perfection in a Painkiller will do.

I know, more than you asked. You will enjoy the sail, the crew will help you if needed, but I would not call it "walk off".

That captain sounds like an ass. Everyone knows you drink Cruzan Confusions at Rainbow and Painkillers at Teres Veho.

Glad you enjoyed it though!

Everytime I see one of the cats at rainbow they seem to have the end of the ladder about 5 feet from the shore. Hence my assumption that you could walk on and off.

Nice to hear from someone who actually did the excursion.