The end of an era grows closer...

Krazy Kruizers, my experience is that the children of our children's generation by and large don't print the photos. I have to say that we print far less. Of course we take far more in todays' environment.

Even for ourselves, what I have found that we do is make a photo book from some of our trips via sites such as Shutterfly in lieu of printing off photo upon photo and we print very selected photos.

Just saying.......

Keith

Krazy Kruizers, my experience is that the children of our children's generation by and large don't print the photos. I have to say that we print far less. Of course we take far more in todays' environment.

Even for ourselves, what I have found that we do is make a photo book from some of our trips via sites such as Shutterfly in lieu of printing off photo upon photo and we print very selected photos.

Just saying.......

Keith

I love designing photo books of each of our trips. Gives me a chance to be a bit creative.

I've scanned a lot of my old printed photos (still more to do) and also photos I inherited from my Grandmother - amazing how good the quality was back in the 20's to 40's. I even have a couple of studio photos of great-grandparents from around 1900. So I eventually will make a "family tree" photo book for our sons.

I duped about 1000 slides using this tool from Opteka:

http://www.amazon.com/Opteka-Professional-Digital-Camera-Duplicator/dp/B00J7RB43O/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1435252132&sr=1-5&keywords=slide+duplicator+sony

It actually did a great job and the 16MP files from the NEX-5 I used were very good quality. I would imagine if you have salable stock photographs you may want to go with a pro service but for good, inexpensive processing of family and vacation photos, this is a viable option.

I am about ready to do phase 2 which is "negatives".

Dave

Edited by pierces

I'm having a yard sale within the next month and the whole B&W darkroom will be sold or thrown out. That's the end of an era. I've come to like just doing the B&W negatives then scanning them for B&W prints on the printer. Works wonderful using a Epson 4900 printer.

Truth be told it's been 10 years using the darkroom making prints.

framer

Edited by framer

I duped about 1000 slides using this tool from Opteka:

http://www.amazon.com/Opteka-Professional-Digital-Camera-Duplicator/dp/B00J7RB43O/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1435252132&sr=1-5&keywords=slide+duplicator+sony

It actually did a great job and the 16MP files from the NEX-5 I used were very good quality. I would imagine if you have salable stock photographs you may want to go with a pro service but for good, inexpensive processing of family and vacation photos, this is a viable option.

I am about ready to do phase 2 which is "negatives".

Dave

Dave, will that device work with the Sony a6000?