Blue Lagoon Sea Lion encounter, Atlantis, or Sheraton/Melia Beach day ??

pearle1

Hello all ~ I am taking my 13 year old daughter on her first cruise, and torn on what to do in Nassau ~ there for only a day on a wednesday in mid July (arriving around 11;00)

I am trying to decide between the Blue Lagoon Sea Lion encounter ~ or ~ Atlantis for the day. Or, on the other extreme , just a relaxing day at the Sheraton/Melia.

Does anybody have any opinions/thoughts on these options??

Thanks!

I'd probably cross off Atlantis, since you are getting in so late. The lines will be long, it will be hot, and you will be paying a high price for July.

Same may be true for Blue Lagoon, since the next ferry isn't until 12:30 and then return at 4pm.

Unless, of course, the ship has a special tour (and timing)

Thanks very much ~ I was thinking the same thing since we get in sort of late. It might be a lot of money for very little time.

My daughter said she didn't care what we did there, and said she is happy to just go to a resort with a beach/pool etc. That is when I thought of maybe the Melia one, or that Hilton one that is close to the ship.

I wll just have to decide which one.

Thanks! and feel free to give opinions on that too! Much appreciated :)

We did the sea lion encounter. We loved it, even better than the dolphin encounter in mexico. They put you in small groups with the sea lion and they are fun animals. Plus you will get a chance to see the dolphins at the blue lagoon park playing in the water.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

I'd do the Melia for $30 per adult, $15 per child (depending on age). Sure, it's a 15 minute taxi ride, but you don't have to buy the expensive food/beverage package at the Hilton (since you are getting there late, you can eat before you depart the ship), and it's nicer, with better pools and beach.

• 3 weeks later...