Nassau - Jitney map?

kayhold

In 25 years here in Nassau.. I've never seen a route map.

Closest thing I've found is below. But unless you know the island.. it doesn't make too much sense.

http://www.bahamaslocal.com/newsitem/2291/New_bus_Routes_to_5_5A_10A_11A_12_15_15A_16A_and_21A.html

and some additional info..

From Bay Street (opposite Parliament Street) to the Eastern end of the Island (including foot of the bridge to Paradise Island) and return -- Bus Numbers: 1, 9, 9A, 9B, 19, 21, 21A, 23

From Bay Street (opposite Market Street) to the Marathon Mall and return -- Bus Numbers: 1, 1A, 3, 19, 21

From Frederick Street (Bay Street) to Town Center Mall and return -- Bus Numbers: 4, 4A, 5, 5A, 6, 6A, 11A, 12, 15, 15A

From Bay Street (George Street) to Cable Beach and return -- Bus Numbers: 10, 10A

Edited by scubagirrl
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
In 25 years here in Nassau.. I've never seen a route map.

From Bay Street (George Street) to Cable Beach and return -- Bus Numbers: 10, 10A

I have a question - looking for the #10 Jitney at Bay & George street - at that point, isnt' Bay Street one way, towards the cruise port?

Where exactly do we pick up the #10 going inthe right direction out towards the Fish Fry?

Thanks!

Edited by Bibble

• 3 months later...

I understand that the Jitney is exact change. If there are 4 of us, can I just pay with a $5, or do we each need to have $1.25? Also it seems like if we want to go to Fish Fry and Cable Beach, and then back to the ship, we'll have to take it 3 times and pay 3 separate fares, correct?

I have a question - looking for the #10 Jitney at Bay & George street - at that point, isnt' Bay Street one way, towards the cruise port?

Where exactly do we pick up the #10 going inthe right direction out towards the Fish Fry?

Thanks!

The Jitney heads up george street, makes a right onto shirley street, down blue hill road onto west bay in front of the hilton.

Bay Street is one way from the hilton going east.

I understand that the Jitney is exact change. If there are 4 of us, can I just pay with a $5, or do we each need to have $1.25? Also it seems like if we want to go to Fish Fry and Cable Beach, and then back to the ship, we'll have to take it 3 times and pay 3 separate fares, correct?

YOu can pay $5 for you're family..

and yes, you pay each time you use the jitney.

• 6 months later...
Thank you, Google Maps has it straight south of the pier.

Fort Fincastle is south of the pier, up the hill from the Queen's Staircase. Fort Charlotte is about a mile and a half west of the pier.

The jitney goes to Fort Charlotte, not Fort Fincastle.

Edited by CruisinCrow

I figured google had something screwed up :) Thank you

Oh yeah, that's funny. I wonder if there's a way to report that.

Here is a Google satellite picture (I added some labels). The #10 bus takes you west on West Bay Street. To get to Fort Charlotte, get off at the Fish Fry stop.

ry%3D480

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! I'm trying to make sure I have our route planned to try to avoid some confusion on the jitney. From what I have gathered, we need to take the #10 for the stops we want to make.

This is my plan:

Catch the #10 and get off at the Fort Charlotte stop and hit that and I read that is the same stop for The Fish Fry. (We want to go there too.) Correct?

We will then go to Ardastra....do we get back on the #10 jitney or is that walking distance with an 8 year old that complains about walking? haha

Lastly, after we are finished with Ardastra...do we just take the #10 to get back to the port or would we get on another one?

Hoping someone can offer some guidance!!

Thanks!!

Hello! I'm trying to make sure I have our route planned to try to avoid some confusion on the jitney. From what I have gathered, we need to take the #10 for the stops we want to make.

This is my plan:

Catch the #10 and get off at the Fort Charlotte stop and hit that and I read that is the same stop for The Fish Fry. (We want to go there too.) Correct?

We will then go to Ardastra....do we get back on the #10 jitney or is that walking distance with an 8 year old that complains about walking? haha

Lastly, after we are finished with Ardastra...do we just take the #10 to get back to the port or would we get on another one?

Hoping someone can offer some guidance!!

Thanks!!

Check out the map I posted on post #19. Fort Charlotte and Ardastra Gardens are on the same road, up the hill from the Fish Fry. You can easily walk between them. Take the #10 bus back into town.

I don't know what hours you're in port but I think this is how I would do it. Go to Ardastra first (check out their website for the lorry parrot feeding times), then have lunch at the Fish Fry, then go to Fort Charlotte. Plan on at least an hour and a half for lunch. The Fish Fry is definitely on Island Time. :) Enjoy!

• 7 months later...