FTTF Question - Cabin ready at 11am?

Toddcan

Haven't cruised Carnival in several years - I see some things are new - Faster to the Fun being one of them. We love to board early - so would really enjoy going right to our cabin after boarding. This would be the main reason for us buying it.

But, when I looked at the details - it specifies the time as 12:00-1:00pm. Not sure if that's just a place holder, but since we have already signed up for early check in time of 10:30-11:00am - if all the stars line up, and they start boarding, say at 11am - will the cabins be ready then?

And.. what is the "Home Port Advisory" excursion for $0.01? I couldn't find anything but smart-alec comments in the review - makes me thing this some a light-hearted fun Carnival is having? there is nothing in the "Excursion" description.

Thanks in advance!

Do not confuse "check-in time" with "boarding" time.. They are not the same thing.

Rest assured, that when you are allowed to board, your cabin will be ready if you purchased FTTF.

Haven't cruised Carnival in several years - I see some things are new - Faster to the Fun being one of them. We love to board early - so would really enjoy going right to our cabin after boarding. This would be the main reason for us buying it.

But, when I looked at the details - it specifies the time as 12:00-1:00pm. Not sure if that's just a place holder, but since we have already signed up for early check in time of 10:30-11:00am - if all the stars line up, and they start boarding, say at 11am - will the cabins be ready then? Yes, your cabin will be ready when you board, no matter what time you board. The 12:00-1:00 is just a placeholder because they have to put a time on an excursion.

And.. what is the "Home Port Advisory" excursion for $0.01? I couldn't find anything but smart-alec comments in the review - makes me thing this some a light-hearted fun Carnival is having? there is nothing in the "Excursion" description. It's absolutely nothing. No one has ever figured that out :)

Thanks in advance!

Enjoy your cruise. We always buy FTTF, just to have our cabin ready. The other perks are nice, but with DH in a scooter and having to deal with many carry-on's, that is the primary perk for us.

Do not confuse "check-in time" with "boarding" time.. They are not the same thing.

Rest assured, that when you are allowed to board, your cabin will be ready if you purchased FTTF.

No confusion here - which is why I used "check in time". Thanks for the caution though - there are some who could understandably think they are the same.

Only one cruise has our cabin not been ready when we boarded. We hit the perfect storm of Crew Immigration check, Full Coast Guard inspection and 700+ Diamonds/Platinums. No idea how many pax were FTTF. Over half of our steward's cabins were Priority in some way. Cabins weren't ready until 3. We did leave our carry ons in the cabin.

Only one cruise has our cabin not been ready when we boarded. We hit the perfect storm of Crew Immigration check, Full Coast Guard inspection and 700+ Diamonds/Platinums. No idea how many pax were FTTF. Over half of our steward's cabins were Priority in some way. Cabins weren't ready until 3. We did leave our carry ons in the cabin.

It's just as nice to be able to drop off your carry ons and have a place to change.

Our FTTF in Long Beach was listed as 11-12:00. After weddings, platinum/diamond/suites, we were some of the first FTTF people on, with our line moving about 11:40. There was a lady behind us who was REALLY upset. If it said 11, she expected she she be moving onto the ship at 11 for Pete's sake!

Different departure ports, different lines I'm sure - but going forward I'd read any FTTF times (11-12:00, 12-1:00) as a placeholder not a guarantee. Also, our cabin was ready & waiting. The hallway doors were still closed and it made me pause - but then we noticed notes on the bottom of the sign specifically telling FTTF to come on through.

As soon as thee ship is ready for boarding and they call your zone number, which in your case arriving at your check in time should be 1 or maybe 2, your cabin will be ready. You will board after diamond, platinum and priority groups. The later you arrive the higher your zone number will be and you will be placed at the back of the check in line. Arriving after your check in time does not get you to the front of the line.

As soon as thee ship is ready for boarding and they call your zone number, which in your case arriving at your check in time should be 1 or maybe 2, your cabin will be ready. You will board after diamond, platinum and priority groups. The later you arrive the higher your zone number will be and you will be placed at the back of the check in line. Arriving after your check in time does not get you to the front of the line.

FTTF does not get a zone number. They board directly after weddings, diamonds, and platinums.