Do we have enough time at LaGuardia?

dobes3kh

Our 2 flights from Miami to Toronto have been changed.

We are departing Miami at 11:15am----this is on the Reflection as a transatlantic. I have seen some postings suggesting that because it's the first time the Reflection has been back to Miami since April, there may be a longer time involved to clear customs. So my first question is---do we have enough time to make an 11:15am flight?

Second question is:

We have a stopover of about 1 hr 25 mins at LaGuardia---but we have to change from Terminal C to Terminal B. We have never flown LAG (always JFK or Newark) and so I don't know the layout.

I would assume Terminal C is domestic and Terminal B is international? We're flying into Toronto. Do we have enough time to make it from Terminal C to Terminal B?

Thanks!

I can answer your second question.

LaGuardia is an entirely Domestic Airport, but still serving certain airports with US Pre-clearance. the Usual each terminal houses select airlines way.

You should have enough time to get from Terminal C to Terminal B as long as you move quick, by taking the inter-terminal shuttle (either route A(all terminals) or B(term. B, C, D)) outside security. you can find information about LaGuardia and the Airport map on the NY-NJ port Authority website.

Edited by Gizmo88

I can answer your second question.

LaGuardia is an entirely Domestic Airport, but still serving certain airports with US Pre-clearance. the Usual each terminal houses select airlines way.

You should have enough time to get from Terminal C to Terminal B as long as you move quick, by taking the inter-terminal shuttle (either route A(all terminals) or B(term. B, C, D)) outside security. you can find information about LaGuardia and the Airport map on the NY-NJ port Authority website.

Thanks Gizmo88.

Our 2 flights from Miami to Toronto have been changed.

We are departing Miami at 11:15am----this is on the Reflection as a transatlantic. I have seen some postings suggesting that because it's the first time the Reflection has been back to Miami since April, there may be a longer time involved to clear customs. So my first question is---do we have enough time to make an 11:15am flight?

Second question is:

We have a stopover of about 1 hr 25 mins at LaGuardia---but we have to change from Terminal C to Terminal B. We have never flown LAG (always JFK or Newark) and so I don't know the layout.

I would assume Terminal C is domestic and Terminal B is international? We're flying into Toronto. Do we have enough time to make it from Terminal C to Terminal B?

Thanks!

If Miami is your first USA port before arriving to the USA than you might have some delays with respect to immigration and customs. I would recommend a flight at Noon or after.

Just like the connection. It all comes down to your risk tolerance or aversion.

For me, I would not book the flight because I don't like to spend part of the cruise worrying about it and you will hear the (oh be the first ones off recommendation) but that doesn't always work out.

Bottom line you will hear the words you should make it.

I prefer you will make it which is why I would look for another flight if this was me.

Keith

Why do you think you will have to change terminals from C to B? Perhaps if you shared specific carriers we could give you specific information to your situation.

I am going to guess that you booked some sort of flight on AA, as they are the only carrier that flies MIA-LGA. All flight from MIA to LGA arrive at Terminal D.

Two points there are two shuttle buses routes, Route A that goes to Terminal A as well as the other three. Terminal A which is far away from the other terminals mostly shuttle service to Boston and DC (Next to the Water as this was the original terminal flying boats left from) and the other Route B which does not go there (B-C-D Only).

Terminals C and D are now connected via two moving walkways behind security air side for both terminals, it is still a long walk from some gates.

FWIW

If Miami is your first USA port before arriving to the USA than you might have some delays with respect to immigration and customs. I would recommend a flight at Noon or after.

Just like the connection. It all comes down to your risk tolerance or aversion.

For me, I would not book the flight because I don't like to spend part of the cruise worrying about it and you will hear the (oh be the first ones off recommendation) but that doesn't always work out.

Bottom line you will hear the words you should make it.

I prefer you will make it which is why I would look for another flight if this was me.

Keith

Thanks for the reply Keith.

Tried to get the flight changed to a later flight. After 49 minutes on the phone with Choice Air, they indicated there was no alternative flight and because it was non-refundable, not much we can do about it. There was one other flight that left around 10pm that night and arrived Toronto over 24 hrs later!!!! I told the Choice Air rep that we could drive home faster!

Not sure how a refundable would have worked in this situation. So for now we will have to 'hope' we make it. Not the way I want to end a cruise.

Why do you think you will have to change terminals from C to B? Perhaps if you shared specific carriers we could give you specific information to your situation.

I am going to guess that you booked some sort of flight on AA, as they are the only carrier that flies MIA-LGA. All flight from MIA to LGA arrive at Terminal D.

The change in terminals is indicated on the actual booking. We are flying domestic into LGA but then we head to Toronto and so it's an international flight.

Originally both legs were AA but now it's US Airways and then AA. And from my post above, since it's non-refundable, we don't have any options to speak of.

One thing to add, when I asked the Choice Air rep why the original booking was cancelled.....she indicated it was due to mechanical issues....um, the flight is 2.5 months away. :rolleyes:

Two points there are two shuttle buses routes, Route A that goes to Terminal A as well as the other three. Terminal A which is far away from the other terminals mostly shuttle service to Boston and DC (Next to the Water as this was the original terminal flying boats left from) and the other Route B which does not go there (B-C-D Only).

Terminals C and D are now connected via two moving walkways behind security air side for both terminals, it is still a long walk from some gates.

FWIW

Thanks for the info Brighton Line. Hopefully we'll be able to make it!

The change in terminals is indicated on the actual booking. We are flying domestic into LGA but then we head to Toronto and so it's an international flight.

Originally both legs were AA but now it's US Airways and then AA. And from my post above, since it's non-refundable, we don't have any options to speak of.

One thing to add, when I asked the Choice Air rep why the original booking was cancelled.....she indicated it was due to mechanical issues....um, the flight is 2.5 months away. :rolleyes:

There is no "booking tool" that will tell you the departure gate of a flight many months in the future. Realize that the US treats Canada differently than any other international destination/arrival so just assume that you are going out of the "international terminal"

There is no "booking tool" that will tell you the departure gate of a flight many months in the future. Realize that the US treats Canada differently than any other international destination/arrival so just assume that you are going out of the "international terminal"

There is no "international terminal" at LGA. The only difference with a flight TO Canada is a passport check at the gate (and I/C at YYZ)

US uses Terminal C. AA is in Terminal B, Concourse D (which is the furthest from Term C). No need to know specific gates.

Here is the PANYNJ page with a map showing terminals and bus route: LINK

Edited by FlyerTalker