Taxi Houston to Galveston

dramaqueenjan

You didn't say which airport but I will use Hobby for the calculations.

$2.75 meter drop

$1.25 departure fee from the airport

$2.20 per mile @ 40 miles

you would be right at $92.00. Plus tip.

Since it is a cab I wouldn't plan on more than 4 with luggage. That would be just over $50 per person round trip.

I am trying to decide Cab or shuttle for our trip next year, IAH to our Hotel then after the cruise, back to IAH.What is the earliest flight we should look at after our cruise and getting back to IAH

Assuming you are asking about Liberty of the Seas, this will figure out what the cruise line recommends:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=324&faqSubjectName=Air+Travel&faqId=2724

Edited by clarea

We used RCCL transfers to and from HOU. For two people it works well and is fairly cheap. We had a 12:30pm flight and were there very early. This year we have a later flight so will rent a car for the week. When we get off the ship we pick up the car and explore Galveston until our flight. Using RCCL transfers will get you off the ship early as they want those buses headed to the airports to pick up arriving passengers.

We flew into Hobby on Saturday and our family of 6 took a taxi to a Galveston hotel for $102 + $20 tip. We sailed on the Liberty April 3rd and had a great trip. Upon return, we took a taxi from the port to a Hobby hotel for $108 +$22 tip. Our flight left Monday morning so we had to spend Sunday night near the airport. The taxis worked great and was the best deal for six of us (me, wife and 4 kids.) I researched all options for weeks before dedicing on this route. All went well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...