Buying wine at Port of Galveston

Please can anyone inform us whether there is anywhere to buy wine AT Galveston port ?

Flying from GB, Using coach transfer from airport hotel to port so unable to stop at Grocery store. Prefer not to pack wine in hold luggage.

If we check in, board and take hand luggage to cabin, is it possible to disembark and walk to store to pick up last minute items and wine ?

Many thanks.

If your arrival to Galveston is on Saturday, there is a liquor store a few blocks from the port with three others nearby.

Arriving on Sunday, all liquor stores are closed. Wine can be purchased after 12 noon at drug and grocery stores.

Downtown - Strand Liquor, 2218 Strand

Economy Liquor - 1911 23td St.

Walgreens - Wine only 25th & Broadway

Arlan's -Wine - Market St & 6th

If your arrival to Galveston is on Saturday, there is a liquor store a few blocks from the port with three others nearby.

Arriving on Sunday, all liquor stores are closed. Wine can be purchased after 12 noon at drug and grocery stores.

Downtown - Strand Liquor, 2218 Strand

Economy Liquor - 1911 23td St.

Walgreens - Wine only 25th & Broadway

Arlan's -Wine - Market St & 6th

Thank you. We sail on a Sunday.

Would you say walking to these grocery stores is possible after checking in, boarding and dropping bags off, please ??

I recommend a taxi as the store is 30+ blocks, not all have sidewalks.

Walgreen's is closer at about 20 blocks.

Both are long walks and, depending on what month you sail, will probably be hot and humid.

And it is possible to disembark. I have done so when I had to run home for something I forgot :eek: (we are 20 blocks to the port)

Hi, Mary

How about Specs? We were planning taking our son there for their wine. Are the other stores better? They are coming from California and are used to great wine stores. I want to show them Texas is not just a hick town. Our kids think Texas is all Cowboys and country music. I hope to introduce them to the best we have. We did book Rudy and Paco's after your recommendation.

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi, Mary

How about Specs? We were planning taking our son there for their wine. Are the other stores better? They are coming from California and are used to great wine stores. I want to show them Texas is not just a hick town. Our kids think Texas is all Cowboys and country music. I hope to introduce them to the best we have. We did book Rudy and Paco's after your recommendation.

Margee

The OP will be there on Sunday when Spec's is closed. Liquor store hours are 10 AM to 9 PM Monday through Saturday.

Thanks, Lee. Specs it is.

Why don't you 2 come by Rudy and Pacos for a drink on Saturday night? We'll be there about 7:30. We probably won't be drinking Caymus, but we'll find something!!

Hope to see you

We are on the Brilliance TA from Barcelona to Tampa in October. Do you have a T A planned this year?

Margee and Bill