Eclipse Dining Questions

gilladj

Booked the 14 day Caribbean on the Eclipse in December because we so enjoyed the Solstice last fall. My first question is on which level are select dining guests seated? Upper or lower. I just can't remember.

My second question is about tables for two. While on the Solstice we were given a real table for two that was a bit secluded on our first night. We made this table our regular table after that first evening. Many of the two tops on the Solstice were placed together with only a few inches separating tables. It kind of defeated the point of a table for two. Are there some "real" two tops on the Eclipse? If so can anyone describe the location they would recommend?

Thanks!

Booked the 14 day Caribbean on the Eclipse in December because we so enjoyed the Solstice last fall. My first question is on which level are select dining guests seated? Upper or lower. I just can't remember.

My second question is about tables for two. While on the Solstice we were given a real table for two that was a bit secluded on our first night. We made this table our regular table after that first evening. Many of the two tops on the Solstice were placed together with only a few inches separating tables. It kind of defeated the point of a table for two. Are there some "real" two tops on the Eclipse? If so can anyone describe the location they would recommend?

Thanks!

Select dining is upper tier.

Tables for 2 looked cramped, but I guess that depends on how full the ship is.

I don't mind having the tables for two or even four close together. That way if you want to talk to your neighbors, you can. But you don't have to feel obligated to keep an extended conversation going with strangers you may not have a connection with.

There was a small room/area at the back of the Select dining area and we were put there one evening. It struck me that there were a few more genuine two tops in that part of the dining room.

I also get the impression from other threads on the subject that some people actively dislike being put there because you are out of the way of the main throng.

Personally I liked it very much (I suffer from asthma and the quieter the room is the better for me to be able to speak to my hard of hearing OH - if I have to raise my voice to be heard it causes me to cough and suffer chest discomfort).

We find it rather difficult not to try and make conversation when the tables are very close together. We met a lovely couple on our first Eclipse cruise when we had traditional late seating but I suffered very much with a sore chest most evenings. It was a huge relief to me when they were on the Captains table or in a speciality restaurant and I could rest my voice and only talk to my OH.