How can we upgrade our stateroom

Babynan

Hi. We are new to cruising. We have our first cruise booked for 30th September for 2 weeks on the Independence of the Seas, going to the Mediterranean.

We are booked into an ocean view stateroom, but we were wondering if it is possible to upgrade to a balcony through Manage my Booking online, or do we have to stay with our original choice?

Thanks

James

Hi. Thanks for your replies. I phoned Royal Carribean, but got someone on the phone who didn't seem interested. She came up with a crazy price to upgrade.

When I asked her about taking wine on the cruise, she said she didn't think it was allowed.

I've since found out that you are allowed 2 bottles.

I think I just got the wrong person.

sorry you didn't have a good response a travel agent in the future is a good idea we don't cost you any money we are paid by the cruise line and help you with every aspect many cruiselines have a waiting list they will add you to for possible upgrade and some do not charge I hope you have a wonderful time an ocean view is usually about the same size and quality with a large picture window you just can't open it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ever hear of capital letters and periods? They form sentences! Helps your message be more coherent. To be perfectly honest, this is the second post I've seen from you today and in each case IMO you make a very unprofessional impression as a TA!

Hi. We are new to cruising. We have our first cruise booked for 30th September for 2 weeks on the Independence of the Seas, going to the Mediterranean.

We are booked into an ocean view stateroom, but we were wondering if it is possible to upgrade to a balcony through Manage my Booking online, or do we have to stay with our original choice?

Thanks

James

There are different rules for UK v US based bookings. But in the US, if you booked through a TA they will manage your booking - and any changes regarding it - for you. You can upgrade at anytime to any different category based on availability as long as it is prior to final payment, but will pay the difference in the then prevailing rate for the new stateroom and that fare that was in place with your original booking.

Also, check with your TA regarding their policies as some will charge you separate fees from that charged by the cruise line for originating, modifying, or canceling a booking made through them. IMO, in the US I would avoid any TA that does this as this just an additional - and unnecessary - revenue to them out of your pocket. Again this may vary with non-US bookings and fees may be standard. But your TA can explain that as well.

If you booked directly with RCI, they will also make this change for you at no charge other than the fare difference, again, as long as it is prior to final payment. If you don't see an option for this on line, try calling again and perhaps a different representative will be more helpful. If there are different rules that would apply with your booking they will be able to explain that.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

In general, the way it works is if you go onto the website you'll see what the rooms are currently selling for. Once you find the room category you'd like to upgrade to, take that price and subtract what you have already paid. This should be the cost for the upgrade.

Try calling back if that's not the price you were quoted.

In general, the way it works is if you go onto the website you'll see what the rooms are currently selling for. Once you find the room category you'd like to upgrade to, take that price and subtract what you have already paid. This should be the cost for the upgrade.

Try calling back if that's not the price you were quoted.

And to be clear, it's the price you paid (or would have by final payment day) not what the cabin is going for now.

Eg. Current price of upgraded cabin $4000 all in

Price of current cabin at booking $2900 all in

Current price of current cabin $3300 all in

Your upgrade price should be $1100 all in. The current price of the cabin is meaningless

Sent from my iPad using Forums