My photos from Kusadasi, Ephesus and Istanbul

Hi everyone - we returned last Monday from a great 11 day cruise of the Eastern Med. If you'd like to see my photos from Ephesus (Kusadasi) and/or Istanbul, just follow the link in my signature, below.

As we were just in Istanbul last May, we did not visit the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, etc. but if you'd like to see those photos they are here. Ephesus was a real highlight of this cruise, especially the Terrace Houses, and it was not crowded at all in November.

For our tour to Ephesus we booked with Ephesus Shuttle, and they were terrific. $39 each, and NO visit to a carpet factory! :-)

If anyone has any question, I'll be happy to answer if I can!

15313335273_644e9b70b1_z.jpg

15931007801_5f54ff19b9_z.jpg

15966056151_356eca52ba_z.jpg

15780635738_020b33530c_n.jpg

15968005025_a00f4d8e59_n.jpg

15780724180_fb229fb28c_z.jpg

I was very surprised too - it's really an amazing place, and bigger than I had expected. Don't miss the Terrace Houses - they were fascinating and well presented, with overhead glass walkways, etc. It's a separate entrance fee, but well worth it. With Ephesus Shuttle, the entrance fees were all included. If anyone chooses to go with Ephesus Shuttle (and we highly recommend them), our guide's name was Taz, and he was terrific.

There are quite a few dogs and cats there, but they all appeared to be in good health and they were friendly. Apparently, because it is an historic property, the government takes responsibility for looking after the dogs and cats, and they are fed, and seen by a vet once a month!

Enjoy your cruise - we loved seeing all of these ports and sites with no crowds at all.

Thanks for posting! My wife and I are heading that way next week for an Eastern Med cruise and are looking forward to those stops. I hadn't realised quite how well preserved Ephasus was.
Edited by SeaCBear

Looking great! Brings back nice memories from 2006 when we visited these charming and historic areas. Appreciate your sharing.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 189,637 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

• 2 weeks later...