Can the free drinks package be added after booking?

wales4ever

[quote name='wales4ever']Celeb are now offering my Caribbean cruise with the free drinks package - 4 weeks after I booked.

Am I able to get them to add this to my booking in the same way they honour price drops?[/quote]

If you haven't made final payment you should be able to get the better deal. However, check the pricing carefully, it may have actually gone UP!

:eek:

It's my understanding that your cruise can be cancelled and rebooked or changed up until final payment. If you used a travel agent, you need to discuss this change with them. Ask if they charge a fee to make changes. Ask if it's to your advantage to make a change. If you don't have a travel agent, then you would call Celebrity and ask their agent if it's to your advantage to change your booking.

I once found a price drop for one of our bookings and called our TA about it. They called Celebrity, studied our options and advised against making any changes because it would mean losing our freebies to get a very small price cut. The difference wasn't worth it.

[quote name='cheryl20772']It's my understanding that your cruise can be cancelled and rebooked or changed up until final payment. If you used a travel agent, you need to discuss this change with them. Ask if they charge a fee to make changes. Ask if it's to your advantage to make a change. If you don't have a travel agent, then you would call Celebrity and ask their agent if it's to your advantage to change your booking.

I once found a price drop for one of our bookings and called our TA about it. They called Celebrity, studied our options and advised against making any changes because it would mean losing our freebies to get a very small price cut. The difference wasn't worth it.[/QUOTE]

my niece had a cruise booked on Summit - no promos so not bev pkg etc. Price did not change with the new pricing. Just called Celebrity and got her the GoBetter pkg since that is what they wanted did not have to cancel and rebook. They just changed her original reservation to reflect the changes with the new GoBetter.

[quote name='wales4ever']Celeb are now offering my Caribbean cruise with the free drinks package - 4 weeks after I booked.

Am I able to get them to add this to my booking in the same way they honour price drops?[/QUOTE]

I'm gathering by your username WALES4ever and the spelling of honOUr, you may not be in North America, and may not be able to cancel and rebook to get the offer.

The only thing you can do, is call and see if they can. Some bookings allow addition of a promotional offer, others require promos to be added to "new bookings only" which is how many of us in the USA handle it, simply cancel and rebook, though in the UK of course, you can not get your deposits refunded when canceling to rebook.

In the US, we would have to reprice our entire booking to current day's fares, that is if the fare increased but new perks are there, we would have to pay todays fare to get the new promotion added.

If you are UK and have a total package booked, they would need to reprice the whole package, including airfare.