Juneau FKL dock update please

thyme2go

It looks like we are scheduled for FKL. I know the distances are deceptive when looking at the webcam and I'll have two folks with injuries in tow to connect with our party.......ASAP after docking! How far is it from FKL to the Red Dog? is it all boardwalk or sidewalk? Are there any options for land transit at 7:30 am docking time? Thanks! :confused:

the South Franklin Dock is the furthest walking dock, you can go to the street, or use the board walk. To the Red Dog- it will take you 15 minutes with no mobility limits, from getting off the ship.

There will be a cab line, I wouldn't expect any " bargain" fare to take you to the Red Dog, I'm sure there is a minimum.

Thanks Budget Queen....... This will be the first hike from the ship since we've usually docked near the library or flown into Juneau. We'll decide when we get there if a cab will help our timeline and injuries.......:( It would be nice if there were bike cab's as that would work for our situation.....but I don't recall seeing those in Juneau.

It would be nice if there were bike cab's as that would work for our situation.....but I don't recall seeing those in Juneau.

A great business proposal, and would be heavily utilized, bringing people back from the Red Dog. :)