New Terminal at Pt Canaveral - Handicap Parking

I travel with a scooter. At the old terminal it was a short trip across the street from parking and into the terminal.

How close is the handicap parking at the new terminal?

Royal Caribbean has always been good in the speed of getting you through check-in and on to the ship. I just thought I'd check.

Does anyone have pictures of the new terminal?

Thanks

Mary

I travel with a scooter. At the old terminal it was a short trip across the street from parking and into the terminal.

Royal Caribbean has always been good in the speed of getting you through check-in and on to the ship. I just thought I'd check.

Does anyone have pictures of the new terminal?

Thanks

Mary

I believe the parking for terminal 1 is a structure with a direct walkway to the terminal.

projects-terminal-building.jpg

We have parked twice now directly next to the handicapped spaces. The spaces are at the end of the parking nearest the elevators. In Bob's picture the elevators are in the corner structural blocks of the parking garage nearest the passenger terminal - two elevators in each. The ones in the block at the top of Bob's picture will get you closer to the terminal entrance.

When you return from your cruise the baggage handlers will bring your luggage directly to your car. A nice new service.

For departure, you will drop your luggage off on the ground floor, exit that level and make an interesting U-Turn to get back onto the ramp for the garage.

Edited by Scotty G
clarify

We have not sailed from the new terminal but will next month. How is the traffic getting to the terminal?

The last two cruises out of PC the traffic was awful! ( we sailed from the old terminal) We sat on the shuttle in line over 30 min just trying to get into a space to unload.

We are hoping the new terminal has improved this situation.....

We have not sailed from the new terminal but will next month. How is the traffic getting to the terminal?

Definitely better traffic flow now since there is only one ship on this side. We try to arrive between 10:30 and 11:00. Follow the signs to the new terminal and stay in the left lane which will turn into two left turn lanes. It is off the road that goes to Jetty Park (George King Blvd.).

Definitely better traffic flow now since there is only one ship on this side. We try to arrive between 10:30 and 11:00. Follow the signs to the new terminal and stay in the left lane which will turn into two left turn lanes. It is off the road that goes to Jetty Park (George King Blvd.).

Whew.....perfect!! Thank you so much, this sounds great!!!

Thank you!!

Thanks for the picture. It looks great. I am a planner. I don't like surprises.

I know they are usually very handicap friendly.

Does anyone know what cabin 9561 is like?

Mary

Thanks for the picture. It looks great. I am a planner. I don't like surprises.

I know they are usually very handicap friendly.

Does anyone know what cabin 9561 is like?

Mary

Go early! I'm in a wheelchair and had to park my truck on the 3rd level in a regular spot not close to an elevator :o. Barely had enough room to make it work

I feel there was much more disabled parking at terminal 10 than at 1. Wonderful terminal otherwise though. It really is nice and user friendly

Edited by ryano