Captain's Log Stardate 5-28-16 Sitka, Alaska

Good afternoon Mr. and Mrs. America and all the ships at sea, it's time to go to press.

We just returned from a beautiful day at our second port, Sitka. A beautiful and very clean town that does not feel "touristy" at all. After breakfast was served in our room, we docked in heavy fog that was 400' AGL. The Voyager started blowing the foghorn around 4AM and it sounds every two minutes.

Today's excursion was a three hour ocean wildlife cruise that took us to various channel islands that are the natural habitat for Otters, American Eagles and various other critters. The vessel was clean, spacious with cushion bench seats on the enclosed lower deck and open air seating top side. The fog lifted about an hour and change after departing making yet another beautiful day. By the way, docking for the day boat took place right next to their Mariner. The out of pocket price for this inclusive tour would have been $180 per head.

After disembarking in downtown Sitka, we had a fabulous grilled halibut sandwich at a very nice hotel located adjacent to the harbor (sorry, name escapes me). From the we spent the remainder of the afternoon walking on a beautiful self guided tour of a national forest area on the edge of town and visiting a raptor bird sanctuary, quite interesting and made for a beautiful day.

As we speak, the side thrusters are turning and we are shoving off. It just started to rain, yet I could care less. I am going to poor myself a glass of Cabernet and sit on the libido veranda deck with my beautiful wife and enjoy the view. Tonight, I think we will dine in our suite. For new Regent travelers like myself, the Room Service menu is quite expansive and it is available 24/7. Additionally, we are allowed to order anything we wish from the Compas Rose menu and it will be served course, by course, not all at once. Another reason to select a PH room, if it works for your budget. And the dress code for in room dining is casual, tonight I shall wear Levi jeans, long sleeve T-shirt, white socks and house slippers. All the best to all of you. Kirk out.

Our traveling partners originally booked a Concierge room. Two days before departure, Regent contacted them and offered an upgrade to a Penthouse Suite for...............$300 out the door, not each, total. A big difference from my PH booking. I'm happy for them, but wow, what a difference. Is this normal?

....... For new Regent travelers like myself, the Room Service menu is quite expansive and it is available 24/7. Additionally, we are allowed to order anything we wish from the Compas Rose menu and it will be served course, by course, not all at once. Another reason to select a PH room, if it works for your budget. And the dress code for in room dining is casual, tonight I shall wear Levi jeans, long sleeve T-shirt, white socks and house slippers. All the best to all of you. Kirk out.

Kirk, you do know that besides the room service menu the whole Compass Rose (MDR) menu is available for in suite dining. Call room service or get the menu on the TV. They will bring it in courses or all at once.

j

Good afternoon Mr. and Mrs. America and all the ships at sea, it's time to go to press.

(SNIP)

. . . .I am going to poor myself a glass of Cabernet and sit on the libido veranda deck with my beautiful wife and enjoy the view. Tonight, I think we will dine in our suite. For new Regent travelers like myself, the Room Service menu is quite expansive and it is available 24/7. Additionally, we are allowed to order anything we wish from the Compas Rose menu and it will be served course, by course, not all at once. Another reason to select a PH room, if it works for your budget. And the dress code for in room dining is casual, tonight I shall wear Levi jeans, long sleeve T-shirt, white socks and house slippers. All the best to all of you. Kirk out.

Considering you were sitting on the "libido veranda deck" I wonder why you bothered with the Levi jeans, T shirt, etc. ( well, I guess I can understand the socks, it does get a bit chilly in Alaska :))

You don't need to be in a PH to have dinner served course by course. That's the way Regent serves room service dinner. Very elegant and well done. Regardless of whether you're in a H cabin or PH service is the same. The only difference is the butler in PHs will serve dinner. Enjoy.

You don't need to be in a PH to have dinner served course by course. That's the way Regent serves room service dinner. Very elegant and well done. Regardless of whether you're in a H cabin or PH service is the same. The only difference is the butler in PHs will serve dinner. Enjoy.

You are correct, wonderful amenity if one chooses to dine in. I'm still on the learning curve.

Thanks for bringing us along on your first cruise on our favorite line. We are doing Alaska in late August on the Mariner and your are adding to our growing eagerness.

I think we will try the grilled halibut sandwich at the hotel. It sounds delicious.

On another note, after sailing Regent for many years we have never received an upgrade offer like your friends. Good for them! It is not the norm.

Thanks for bringing us along on your first cruise on our favorite line. We are doing Alaska in late August on the Mariner and your are adding to our growing eagerness.

I think we will try the grilled halibut sandwich at the hotel. It sounds delicious.

On another note, after sailing Regent for many years we have never received an upgrade offer like your friends. Good for them! It is not the norm.

As we speak, I am typing on the bus ride back to the ship having just completed the Butchard Gardens High Tea and Garden tour. Stunningly beautiful. This is our last full day before being kicked to the curb.