Fjordland Splendours 5th-12th July

Just back, great cruise and great weather - according to Thomson staff (presumably from the locals) the hottest in Norway for 40 years.

Apart from some rain in Voss after the Flam railway journey it was sunshine and hot temperatures all the way - shorts, t-shirt and suncream were the order of the day.

Thanks to Kruzseeka for his excellent excursion and ports of call advice.

Just back, great cruise and great weather - according to Thomson staff (presumably from the locals) the hottest in Norway for 40 years.

Apart from some rain in Voss after the Flam railway journey it was sunshine and hot temperatures all the way - shorts, t-shirt and suncream were the order of the day.

Thanks to Kruzseeka for his excellent excursion and ports of call advice.

You are very welcome WCM - delighted you enjoyed it so much. :) Must have been an exceptional spell for Norway - we were there first couple of weeks in June and it was fabulous weather then too. It is absolutely stunning isn't it? I have got lots of favourite places and itineraries but for sheer awesome, magnificent scenery, tranquility and serenity I've never been anywhere to beat it. ;)

My only "complaint" was the main evening entertainment - not the quality, that was (as always) first class - but we'd seen the shows on recent(ish) previous cruises, one of them twice.

You can't please everybody all of the time of course, that's the Victor Meldrew in me coming to the fore !!! :(