Transportation from Hobby Airport hotel to Bayport cruise terminal

police46

We(2) will be staying at the Drury Hobby Airport Hotel prior to our cruise on the Jade . I was just wondering what is the best way to get to the Bayport Cruise Terminal in Pasadena. Ncl is charging 50.00 per person each way from the airport . There must be a cheaper alternative to this.If it is taxi does anyone have a suggestion as to what company to use and what the approximate fare would be.

Thanks in advace,

Police46

We(2) will be staying at the Drury Hobby Airport Hotel prior to our cruise on the Jade . I was just wondering what is the best way to get to the Bayport Cruise Terminal in Pasadena. Ncl is charging 50.00 per person each way from the airport . There must be a cheaper alternative to this.If it is taxi does anyone have a suggestion as to what company to use and what the approximate fare would be.

Thanks in advace,

Police46

In other threads people have recommended Pasadena Taxi.

I would expect the cost to be about $60 + tip.

My husband and I are also staying at the Drury the night before our cruise(January 2016). I didn't know that we could get a shuttle from the airport for just $55 for two people. I will look into this as this seems to be the best price I have seen. I can't believe Norwegian wants $50 per person each way! Maybe a taxi from Drury the morning of our cruise?

We are also staying at the Drury for 2 nights before our cruise out of Bayport. Since we are sailing Princess, transfers are only $24 per person each way. Best deal for 2 people, and we have to return our rental car anyhow.

• 1 month later...

We just took a cab from the Drury Inn to Bayport a couple of weeks ago. The fare was just under $50. There were 4 of us and it was a van cab. The front desk at the Drury arranged the ride. It was a Yellow Cab. He actually arrived early for our ride. We did notice in the cab on the way back to the airport after the cruise that there is supposed to be a 10% senior discount on all cab fares in Houston if everyone in the party is over 60. The ride back to the airport only cost us $45. Can't remember the name of the cab company. Just got in the next van in line when we came out of the terminal. Both rides were on Saturday AM so not much traffic.

I thought I would let everyone know what I ended up using for transportation. When Norwegian emailed me the cruise docks, there was a link to ground transport. It showed $35 per person each way so I called them. Sure enough that was an error but the gal agreed to give it to me for the $35(was supposed to be $50 each). I paid $70(myself & husband)each way from Hobby to Bayport and Bayport back to Hobby. When we arrived at the port in the bus, there was a long line of cars. I talked to another couple who came in a cab and they had to pay extra money for the time the cab was waiting in the line of traffic. I think if I had used a cab it probably would have cost about the same. One other nice thing about Norwegian is that once our luggage was on the bus, we didn't have to handle it again. At the port, they took care of getting it off the bus and to the terminal. We usually have to do it our self and tip the porter. This was another little bit of money savings as we always tip the porter at least $10.

This is one of the reasons I love Cruise Critic. I always learn so much from all of you. Whether it be little tips about ground transport or big tips about on shore experiences. I will continue to share my thoughts and experiences and look forward to reading the same from all of you.

Well it looks like I'm learning too. NCL doesn't dock with the other ships (RC, Carnival, Disney)? It's not the same place?

No, Bayport is about 30 miles from Galveston. Much closer to Hobby Airport though.

No, Bayport is about 30 miles from Galveston. Much closer to Hobby Airport though.

Ok. Thanks.

So,....is this the aiport hotel that everyone is referring to booking? I imagine where you actually cruise from wouldn't really matter.

(below)

There seems to be a lot of "Drury's" to pick from. Is it the Drury Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport

Yep, that's the one. When I arrived at Hobby Airport and after gathering luggage, one phone call to Drury and the driver was there within 20 minutes. It's a very short drive to the hotel. The only down side of this location is that there is absolutely nothing around there to do(we didn't have a car). We arrived at the hotel about 5pm so we just ate at their evening buffet, talked to other folks cruising the next day and then took a walk next door to a Taco Cabana and tried one of their desserts. There is a Courtyard Marriott down the street and another hotel next door(can't remember the name, maybe Fairfield). We almost took a walk down to the Courtyard but got too lazy so just went back to our room. In the morning had breakfast at their buffet and took the Drury van back to Hobby to catch the Norwegian bus to the port. I think this place is perfect for an over night stay and a fun start to a cruise. I paid about $90 for room/taxes and this included both evening(including three adult drinks each) and morning buffets. They also had a soda machine and popcorn all evening also no charge.

Ok. Thanks.

So,....is this the aiport hotel that everyone is referring to booking? I imagine where you actually cruise from wouldn't really matter.

(below)

Correct, you would still need transportation from the hotel to the cruise terminal, whether it was Galveston or Bayport.

Yep, that's the one. When I arrived at Hobby Airport and after gathering luggage, one phone call to Drury and the driver was there within 20 minutes. It's a very short drive to the hotel. The only down side of this location is that there is absolutely nothing around there to do(we didn't have a car). We arrived at the hotel about 5pm so we just ate at their evening buffet, talked to other folks cruising the next day and then took a walk next door to a Taco Cabana and tried one of their desserts. There is a Courtyard Marriott down the street and another hotel next door(can't remember the name, maybe Fairfield). We almost took a walk down to the Courtyard but got too lazy so just went back to our room. In the morning had breakfast at their buffet and took the Drury van back to Hobby to catch the Norwegian bus to the port. I think this place is perfect for an over night stay and a fun start to a cruise. I paid about $90 for room/taxes and this included both evening(including three adult drinks each) and morning buffets. They also had a soda machine and popcorn all evening also no charge.

Thanks for the info. It sounds like this place is just like the Drury we stayed at in NOLA pre-cruise. That's awesome. :)

Correct, you would still need transportation from the hotel to the cruise terminal, whether it was Galveston or Bayport.

Yes, I do know this. Thanks. :)